The private lives of woodworkers !

Page 2 of 2
I answered the first two questions, clicked NEXT and it took me right back to the same page.
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html
Said:

This issue has been corrected. This one was my fault in not setting the route logic correctly.
On 1 Aug 2003 10:41:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@us.ibm.com (Mike Brown) Said:

I screwed up the route logic. Corrected.
Thanks,

Not doubting you of course, but how do YOU know that? ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:27:59 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) Said:

As long as it ain't painted yellow :-)
I love this type of survey, and have great fun submitting totally false answers, multiple times.
As self-selecting surveys are statistically and scientifically meaningless, treating them this way is just as useful to the surveyer as answering honestly!
djb
--
"Let's just admit that public education is mediocre at best." -- Frank Zappa

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 07:01:33 GMT, Dave Balderstone

Can you please explain your reasoning some more. What have I said anywhere that would lead you to that conclusion?

How does that give you a thrill?
Sun, Aug 3, 2003, 7:06am (EDT+4) dave***@balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) read this from:
I said that it's not statistically valid. There's a difference in statistically valid and scientifically useful.
Then Dave was puzzled, and wanted to know: Explain that difference, s' il vous plait. If I wished, for some bizarre reason, to hire you to do market research for me, how would you sell me a self-selecting survey as useful in any way to my business? You'll sell me a survey that is statistically invalid, but somehow scientifically useful? Do tell! "This I gotta see."
OK Dave, I'll second your post to him. I read his post over several time, and was puzzled too. I just couldn't figure out how to phrase my question.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
Youch! That would indeed be bad technique.
One does *not* use the wrist when tossing wrenches.
But my shoulder is damned sore...
;-)
--
"I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I know I'm right." -- Muhammad
Ali

Sun, Aug 3, 2003, 7:20pm (EDT+4) dave***@balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) says: There's too many Dave's around here, JOAT. You'll have to be more specific.
Aw, c'mon Dave, I wasn't referring to you, and before he chirps up, not Dave either. I was referring to Dave. Anyone should have know that.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
chirp, chirp
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

bummer...
dave
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

I'd be very interested in the stats from this survey. Can you please post .

On 5 Aug 2003 04:44:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dteckie) Said:

I just got back in the office and am heading home. I hope to post the results tomorrow morning.
Folk...