The Popes casket.

Page 2 of 6

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:53:08 GMT, "Leon"

Howdy,
According to many news reports:
Cypress --> Zinc --> Walnut.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 19:13:24 -0400, Kenneth

According to many others:
Cypress--> Zinc --> Oak. I've also seen:
Cypress--> Zinc --> Pine, or Pine --> Zinc --> Cypress. How many news reporters are able to identify woods by sight? To me it looked like it could be either oak or pine, but almost certainly not walnut.
Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:27:54 -0700, "David F. Eisan"

Local artisans, I guess. I'll bet the Vatican is a big enough organisation to have a few on the staff.
According to the TV I watched, it was Cypress. Doesn't matter, it won't be burnt!
Barry Lennox
David F. Eisan wrote:

I thought the same thing. Must have been an awesome feeling to be making that particular box. Would love to find out more.
According to the Ass Press. The inner is Cypress, second is zinc and the outer Walnut. These are supposed to slow down the decomp process.
Searcher1

Trying to put off the inevitable, even in death.
On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 05:55:49 -0700, Wes Stewart wrote:

I just don't understand why they didn't hook his meat up to life support and keep him from rotting for twelve years or so, like he insisted happen to Schiavo. Doesn't matter if you're braindead, gotta preserve the meat.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

As well, the pope's body was failing in a number of ways. Total life support would not have been possible either.
Doug Miller wrote:

A while ago they moved John XXIII's body, that's the grave where they're planting JP II. I suppose whomever had that task was grateful if a similar arrangement had been made for the previous tenant.

Indeed, Terri Shiavo was beyond brain-dead, much of the dead brain tissue had been absorbed into her body. What was left of her higher brain was severely atrophied. She was nearly anencephalic.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

we'll see. Evidence so far indicates that she was not brain-dead: unquestionably, she was able to breathe on her own, and her heart beat, without assistance of machinery. Brain-dead people can't do that.
Doug Miller wrote:

Brain stem functions only, non-cognitive...and certainly no more conjectural than your contention.

It's a matter of established fact, not conjecture, that her respiration and heartbeat continued without the assistance of a machine.
Doug Miller wrote:

That is a non-cognitive function of the brain <stem>...you're relying on there being any function whereas the chance of any cognitive recovery was hopeless as the pictures shown of brain scans taken several years prior clearly showed, as earlier posted noted, atrophying of the the brain itself. While a tragic situation, there was absolutely no hope of anything better.

But it's also a clear demonstration that the brain is not *dead*.

I think that's still somewhat a matter of dispute. The autopsy should lay those questions to rest.
Doug Miller wrote: ...

Don't know how a picture showing essentially nothing remaining in the cavity could leave it in much dispute.
As someone else noted, there undoubtedly will be those who'll continue to claim those results are wrong, too...too many are seeing this through their belief system rather than their logical minds.

I hear conflicting reports about what the pictures actually show. I haven't seen them myself; have you?
Doug Miller wrote:

Google is your friend:
http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2005/03/20/regarding-the-cat-scan-of-terri-schiavos-brain /
http://codeblueblog.blogs.com/codeblueblog/2005/03/csi_medblogs_co.html
--
FF

> Regards,
> Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Are you qualified to interpret what you see there? I'm not. Thus I have to rely on what other people say. And according to the Schindlers, their doctors say it's not as bad as the Schiavo's doctors say it is.
Doug Miller wrote:

No. I rely on the commentary on the imagery and observe the extent to which that commentary agrees with the image itself and in how much detail. On the links I provided, the fellow who calls himself a radiologist makes some observationas that call into question whether or not that is really her scan (the shunt). Otherwise, his comments are pretty general. The guy writing at the first link (my own prior article hasn't shown up yet on google so this is from memory) where there is a comparison with a healthy brain, goes into detail about the apparent condition of the remaining tissue. The radiologist simply indicates how much is there.
Again, the extent of the void is NOT conjecture.
My experience with imagery of the brain has been that a radiologist interprets the imagery in terms of the structures that are revealed, a neurologist then interprets that report in terms of functionality.
Contrary to what you see on TV, I think you'll find that most doctors do not look at the films until they show them to the patient or family. OTOH, few radilogists interact with the patient beyond injecting them with dyes as needed and telling them to hold still.
It may well be that the Schindler's doctor doesn't think the condition is as bad as the Schiavo's doctor does. By itself, that tells us nothing. I expect both parties to be able to get expert testimony to favor their viewpoint in court.
--

FF