The perfect shop - what would you include

I'm sorry that was you who had the misfortune to see my lily white, hairy ass that night. :)

(Saying this without quoting the context from my previous post ought to raise some eyebrows.)

Reply to
Silvan

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:09:22 -0500, Silvan scribbled

For me, it's the compost bin if I'm in the yard - very high in nitrogen. No sense in wasting it, and (OBWW) it compensates for the high carbon sawdust. If the neighbours don't like it, they just don't have to look. I read an article in a Canadian gardening magazine a few years back about a guy who experimented with urine as a fertiliser: diluted 10 to one, urine is a good high-nitrogen fertiliser. Undiluted, it will burn plants, as with any other over-applied fertiliser.

During the winter, directly on the raised beds - don't eat the yellow snow! Following Doug Stowe's suggestion, I started using a sawdust-filled pee bucket in the shop as I'm now working with birch instead of cedar. Its contents end up in the compost.

Luigi Zanasi

Silvan responds:

You asked for this, Mike: what the hell. It was only a 45 second glimpse. :)

Charlie Self

"I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem-and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?" Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

OMG, you were counting the seconds? O_o

Reply to
Silvan

You beat me to it!!!! I was going to say - you give a whole new meaning to the words "Two Stoke"

Reply to
Rob V

Well, two stroke or not, even if it only took me 30 seconds, why the hell was Charlie looking at my ass for that long??? I'm starting to get scared! Hell, West Virginia, isn't that where they shot Deliverance?

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan responds:

Don't worry about it. Even if I were timing you, it was curiosity..similarities to rabbits and all. And you weren't exposed long enough to matter. :)

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

LMAO

Reply to
Silvan

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:49:39 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Rob, I let this ferment a bit - its more of a shop layout than a what to include list. It suits me....and how did the bids turn out?

if'n I get my druthers........ Ever changing but soon, with a new house:

About 18x24 enclosed max. Concrete slab floors - dead flat & level - really irritating to have a bench wobble or a piece of equipment on a mobile base hang up while moving. And it is needed for projects to be reliably assembled on the floor. Floor mats where usable. Across the 18 ft south end (south/north etc. for labeling purposes) one or two roll-up doors and a 12 ft lean-to w/concrete floor - I figure I have maybe three small boats in me and will build them under the lean-to. I'm still working on a handy way to enclose the lean-to in easy to move plastic for winter days to keep out the cold or screen for summer evenings to keep out the mosquitoes. Rolling panels I suspect. My sawdust/chip generating power tools are on mobile bases so the roll-ups on that end will allow me extra feed space when needed and a clear path to the outside for me to use one of my most important shop tools - my leafblower. A small lean-to on the west side of the building will serve to air dry wood. The 24 ft. west wall will be finished to hang tools, clamps & oft needed stuff. At the center of the north end will be a 6 x 6 ft. assembly & general work table. In my HS shop class we had several square work tables that accommodated 4 knuckleheaded teens wonderfully and I think I could use at least one. I suffer now from no really good centrally located assembly/puttering around bench. That's essential. The workbench for working with hand planes, the computer & books will be on the northeast side & shelving will be across the north end. Lots of electrical drops from the ceiling. Still trying to sort out an exhaust system.

Lastly I'll need a small cooler to hold the evening's sundowner, a comfortable chair and the best view possible out of the roll-up doors.

Kiyu

Reply to
Kiyu