The perfect shop - what would you include

Page 3 of 3
Silvan responds:

You asked for this, Mike: what the hell. It was only a 45 second glimpse. :)
Charlie Self
"I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem-and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Charlie Self wrote:

OMG, you were counting the seconds? O_o

glimpse.
You beat me to it!!!! I was going to say - you give a whole new meaning to the words "Two Stoke" <BG>

Rob V wrote:

Well, two stroke or not, even if it only took me 30 seconds, why the hell was Charlie looking at my ass for that long??? I'm starting to get scared! Hell, West Virginia, isn't that where they shot Deliverance? <G, D & R>
Silvan responds:

Don't worry about it. Even if I were timing you, it was curiosity..similarities to rabbits and all. And you weren't exposed long enough to matter. :)
Charlie Self
"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Charlie Self wrote:

LMAO
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:09:22 -0500, Silvan

For me, it's the compost bin if I'm in the yard - very high in nitrogen. No sense in wasting it, and (OBWW) it compensates for the high carbon sawdust. If the neighbours don't like it, they just don't have to look. I read an article in a Canadian gardening magazine a few years back about a guy who experimented with urine as a fertiliser: diluted 10 to one, urine is a good high-nitrogen fertiliser. Undiluted, it will burn plants, as with any other over-applied fertiliser.
During the winter, directly on the raised beds - don't eat the yellow snow! Following Doug Stowe's suggestion, I started using a sawdust-filled pee bucket in the shop as I'm now working with birch instead of cedar. Its contents end up in the compost.

How deep does the pile get before you spread it over the lawn? <G>
Frank

If I had a shop the one thing I would definitely include would be a large resaw bandsaw. I have plenty of left over 3/4" flooring from jobs I have done over the years and it would be perfect for inlay work if I could resaw it into 3/16" stock.

A company that I was working with had a saying, "There is a natural human need to fill empty space" No matter how large you make the shop you will find something to fill it.
Franklyn
http://woodfloorist.com/1/goldfish.html