The Official "What I got for Christmas" thread...

Page 7 of 8
On 25 Dec 2004 05:16:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

hmmmm.... nice haul! i got a 25" dual drum sander. a set of senco nail guns. 1finnish 1 brad and 1 stapler. also a new delta 16 1/2 " drill press to replace the chiwanees POS i been using for years. dust collecter. and a hitachi m12v to add to the collection. WHAT A SWMBO!!!!!!!! guess i'll have to get around to them thar cabinet doors to finnish the kitchen now. SHOP TIME!!!! lol... :-]>
skeez
A 2" blue steel Japanese bench plane from the Japan Woodworker.
-jbb

Only tool-type thing was the Ryobi 5 pc. 18V. cordless tool kit. It's a bit of a long story, but last Christmas I got a $50 gift card for the orange borg. Over the course of the year I got 3 $25 cards as rebates when I insulated the shop. Got a $100 one in October for Pastor appreciation Sunday. Suddenly realized I had enough to buy the kit, so Thursday afternoon my wife and I went up to the borg and picked it up - added bonus, it was on sale for only $135! <meep, meep> Today it is back to $169 for the post-Christmas "sale". Glad I got it before rather than waiting until after. LOML says it is my Christmas present, so I guess it counts.
Recipro saw Drill 5 1/2" circ. saw mini vacuum (really sucks) flashlight 2 batteries & charger
It'll definitely get used!
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Makita 12V impact driver. Non wooddorking, but my kids all got together and got "Papa" a $100 Advance Auto gift card to be used for a new gas tank for "rusty red", my '89 F-150, including a promise from 2 of them to install it for me before it self destructs.
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

Will they be doing that on the lift in Gerry?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

'Fraid not. That particular space is pretty well occupied with bicycles, leftover stuff from remodel, etc., etc. However, we still have the option of 2 garages with room & wood heat, good jacks and frame stands.
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

A Freud FT2000EP router. Five days off work to spend making a router table. $100 worth of convertible tool steel futures.
- Owen -
Sony 5 megapixel camera Leigh D-4 To be here next week from the Rockler orgy HVLP sprayer from HF
And the most important A JOB!! I have been out of work for 6 months and the unemployment ended the first week of Dec. Got conformation of the job on 12/22
On 25 Dec 2004 05:16:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

Congratulations! I know that was really weighing on you.
Patriarch
A Hirsch crooked neck chisel A leather tool roll to keep it in. A joiner's mallet The new LV brass marking gauge. The LV 24" aluminium straight edge, and feeler gauge. A new fire extinguisher. I'm counting the Padauk high angle coffin smoother and plane hammer Steve sent as well, since my wife saw it when it came, and said "Well, there's part of your present."
And a replacement computer for the old one that died painfully two weeks ago.
More importantly, we had all the kids, their wives, the grandson and my dad here for the celebration and dinner, and then got to go to my sister-in-law's home, where we celebrated with everyone from her side of the family.
We have an abundance of family and friends, a sufficiency of faith, and more than enough material possesions to share a little. We are blessed.
Patriarch
snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

snip
Anyone know how to build a display case for a lump of coal?
She KNEW I had electric heat in the shop!
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

the greatest and wish each other a happy birthday/Christmas/Guy Fawkes Day or whatever may be coming up. That takes the pressure off finding the "perfect gift" for the holiday and allows us to buy/make something "off the cuff". Works for us. We haven't exchanged gifts for the wedding anniversary (she had to ask me whether it was June 20 or 21 a few years ago) since the wedding.
My present was the Griz jointer; hers was the Olympus digital. Actually, I bought her a watch (lost hers last spring) and she bought me some Jensen noise cancelling ear muffs. Love that lady.
The best part is having mine and my younger brother's family all in one place. I love pointing out that grandchildren are God's reward for not having murdered your own children. :-)
    mahalo,     jo4hn
I got: A Dewalt 12" SCMS from my daughter (big bucks, thanks)
From SWMBO: A PC 16" Omnijig (sweeeet) A PC ROS 2 late Stanley block planes One of the laser level things Several small hand tools
Gary
Oh, and from the Governor, a life time pension, I retired December 17! (Age 55).
Gary wrote:

    j4
<snip>

Why do I suspect you earned that pension honestly?
Enjoy your new life!
Patriarch
On 25 Dec 2004 05:16:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
nothing nada zilch nichts zero nix null bugger all
A Bosch sliding compound miter saw. After using a Delta compound miter saw for several years, I am ecstatic about having a quiet, accurate saw to throw sawdust all over the gara... er, shop. I sold the Delta to a co-worker who insists on telling people it is a radial arm saw.
One of these days I am going to invent a really good miter saw dust collection system and get fabulously rich in the process.
Dick Durbin
I'm a newbie, and we have a limited budget. I've been looking at table saws & my wife wanted to get me one for Christmas. I was looking at the lower end Deltas, but nobody seemed all that happy about them. When I Googled this newsgroup about them a while back, I ran across a suggestion for the Ryobi BT3100. I Googled that & liked what I saw. It was a bit more than we wanted to spend, but the wife ok'd it. It's now sitting in my entry way, waiting for me to clean out the garage. :-) Thanks to those who recommended it. Now to get a router, a joiner, a bunch of clamps, a biscuit joiner, a planer, etc., etc., etc....
--

Jerry

< snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com> wrote in message
On 25 Dec 2004 05:16:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@kreusch.com wrote:

A Delta Midi Lathe One of those laser levels that make an x on the wall mounted on a tripod. A reciprocating saw Yet another multi-purpose folding pliers and knife set (still haven't opened the last two I got!)
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Prometheus wrote: [snip]

Just got an email a bit ago from Northern Tool. They have one on sale for $9. See http://tinyurl.com/6xst2 May get one myself.     mahalo,     jo4hn