The Official "What I got for Christmas" thread...

the best gift this year or any was the photo of the kids jimmy the oldest is 24 lives in san deigo next his brother danny 23 lives here in town but never get to see we both work way to much and then theres christy my 21 year old girl and grand dughter sabrina whos 2 and that live about 45 min away but always seem to be busy then there little bother micheal whos 7 months its the best gift I could have ask for.

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

Ain't it kinda tough to play trumpet music on the guitar?

Expecting the other shoe next Christmas?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Only tool-type thing was the Ryobi 5 pc. 18V. cordless tool kit. It's a bit of a long story, but last Christmas I got a $50 gift card for the orange borg. Over the course of the year I got 3 $25 cards as rebates when I insulated the shop. Got a $100 one in October for Pastor appreciation Sunday. Suddenly realized I had enough to buy the kit, so Thursday afternoon my wife and I went up to the borg and picked it up - added bonus, it was on sale for only $135! Today it is back to $169 for the post-Christmas "sale". Glad I got it before rather than waiting until after. LOML says it is my Christmas present, so I guess it counts.

Recipro saw Drill

5 1/2" circ. saw mini vacuum (really sucks) flashlight 2 batteries & charger

It'll definitely get used!

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

My big new tool was the compleat Scraping 101 deal from LV. Sure, I could have made a jointer easy enough, and I could have burnished with a screwdriver, and I could have bought some cheap saws at yardsales to cut into scrapers... It's all a bit of a silly extravegance, really, and not something someone who is on a paper thin Christmas budget ought to have invested in, but...

Me likey! Good, wholesome gadgetry all around. The only toy I had to take to grandma's house today was this set of stuff and a little scrap of walnut that was rough on two sides, and had wild grain on two sides.

Now I have a scrap of walnut that's smooooooooth. I'm hooked on scraping, and don't think I will ever sand anything again. I want to get some really wild and crazy grain to play with, and see if this will actually tame it. I had some wild maple in that big chess box project I did. Those squares are outstanding for their beauty, but also for their fudginess. I never did get them tamed to my satisfaction, with a super ultra finely tuned #4. If I could use grain like that often, instead of sparingly, it would be a most awesome thing. I have some scraps of that with the same kind of figure, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with them tomorrow.

Reply to
Silvan

Makita 12V impact driver. Non wooddorking, but my kids all got together and got "Papa" a $100 Advance Auto gift card to be used for a new gas tank for "rusty red", my '89 F-150, including a promise from 2 of them to install it for me before it self destructs.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

well... it is possible to get tearout with a scraper.

Ya gotta try, though.

Reply to
bridger

A Freud FT2000EP router. Five days off work to spend making a router table. $100 worth of convertible tool steel futures.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Sony 5 megapixel camera Leigh D-4 To be here next week from the Rockler orgy HVLP sprayer from HF

And the most important A JOB!! I have been out of work for 6 months and the unemployment ended the first week of Dec. Got conformation of the job on 12/22

Reply to
rllipham

You suck. Can we say "gator grip" boys and girls? The one socket that replaces all these sixteen dozen sockets and wrenches with one oversized, useless socket that's too big to fit anywhere and doesn't turn bolts where it does fit worth a damn.

At least it wasn't a tie.

Reply to
Silvan

No, they're not. They're just as crappy as the plastic ones. One of the biggest problems they all have is they only have one cutter instead of two.

I feel your pain, brother. I sharpen pencils on my belt sander.

Cool gloat. You suck!

Reply to
Silvan

ROTFL! Thank you for that, Monsieur Jacques. That made my day.

Yeah, if you can find real pencils. It's possible, but increasingly difficult. Most pencils are made out of some incredibly lame plastic foam crap these days. No wonder you can get 500 pencils for $2.36. They're not worth two cents for the whole lot of them.

Reply to
Silvan

Will they be doing that on the lift in Gerry?

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

It may not seem like much, but I got one of those digital meat thermometers that Lee Valley Tools sells. Being the technology geek that I am, I got a great charge from using it on the roast beef dinner I had for Christmas. The meat was cooked to perfection. I must have run into the kitchen at least two dozen times to see the temperature climb in the digital read out sitting on the stove. I watched the last ten minutes as the temperature matched the adjustable alarm and the buzzer went off.

Small things amuse small minds I guess. Just another toy I guess, but I liked it.

Reply to
Upscale

Mine's more of a brown color.

That might be a good location, I don't *think* I swing a lot of heavy stuff right around there.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

You ssssssssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Silvan

Yahwul duhhhh... You just lower it two frets and it comes out perfectly fine.

'Cept it sounds better on a trumpet. Which I got in October or November or something, and couldn't count as an Xmas present without upsetting the budgetary juggling that allowed me the LV order without having to commit an equal and opposite amount for SWMBO. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Hey! I had a gloat! "May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God Bless Us, Every One!"

Michael Baglio

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Silvan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Glad to hear she's feeling a bit better!

Reply to
Patriarch

A Hirsch crooked neck chisel A leather tool roll to keep it in. A joiner's mallet The new LV brass marking gauge. The LV 24" aluminium straight edge, and feeler gauge. A new fire extinguisher. I'm counting the Padauk high angle coffin smoother and plane hammer Steve sent as well, since my wife saw it when it came, and said "Well, there's part of your present."

And a replacement computer for the old one that died painfully two weeks ago.

More importantly, we had all the kids, their wives, the grandson and my dad here for the celebration and dinner, and then got to go to my sister-in-law's home, where we celebrated with everyone from her side of the family.

We have an abundance of family and friends, a sufficiency of faith, and more than enough material possesions to share a little. We are blessed.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Bob G. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I thought that was why Al Gore* gave us Post-its to go in Robin's catalogues?

Patriarch

  • An homage to KB's favorite tongue-in-cheek...
Reply to
Patriarch