The Official "What I got for Christmas" thread...

Page 1 of 8
I'll start:
A delta "Shopmaster" planer A dremel & kit An overhead cord reel A Stanley block plane A Green Curt Schilling Jersey
And the suprise...
2 30" Besseys!! (Never thought the wife would spend that kind of money on a clamp)
A recent vintage (ie nothin' special) Stanley block plane A Veritas Scraping 101 outfit with the burnisher, jointer and other gadgetry A brass three-in-one marking gauge A box of blanks to make totes and knobs for hand planes (from Dave in Fairfax)
An acousto-electric guitar A guitar stand Trumpet music
One each of: shoes, jeans, shirt
Laid. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Damn!!! That's what I wanted! All I got for wood working (wrecking) was a Bosch RS10 Recip. saw. Wait, got another wood tool but not for the shop, a Estwing campers axe.
Bryan

gadgetry
Ain't it kinda tough to play trumpet music on the guitar?

Expecting the other shoe next Christmas?
B.
Buddy Matlosz wrote:

Yahwul duhhhh... You just lower it two frets and it comes out perfectly fine.
'Cept it sounds better on a trumpet. Which I got in October or November or something, and couldn't count as an Xmas present without upsetting the budgetary juggling that allowed me the LV order without having to commit an equal and opposite amount for SWMBO. :)
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:32:11 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"

Ackshully, it should sound -much- better on guitar than trumpet.

Bless you for the insight here, Buddy.
------------------------------------------------------------- * * Humorous T-shirts Online * Norm's Got Strings * Wondrous Website Design * * http://www.diversify.com -------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:54:53 -0800, Larry Jaques

Shame on you. Haven't you ever listened to Miles Davis?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:06:29 -0600, Prometheus

Yes, and on some songs, he's hot as hell. Some other stuff (and all Al Hirt stuff I remember hearing) is just as endearing as an automobile horn. I guess my ears are sensitive to horns. I like most trumpet if it's muted and not too showy.
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Glad to hear she's feeling a bit better!
Patriarch wrote:

Me too, and for much more than the obvious, superficial, hedonistic reason too. It's good to have her back, though she goes under the knife Monday, and we ain't out of the woods yet. Monday. Tomorrow. Bleah.
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:35:37 -0500, Silvan

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers -- best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I got 2 40" bessey clamps and a XBox with 3 games. Something to do with subzero temps and a empty karosene heater.
--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

Wow, she's a keeper.
OTOH, I did get two 18" Uniclamps and a box of goodies from Lee Valley Digital caliper Apron Bench Pups Wonder pup Metal detector Apron 7" vice Flush cutting saw And the usual assortment of shirts, etc.
I'm going to rebuild my bench to accommodate the vice and bench pups as well as fit its space better.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome /

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:19:56 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Plaid, I presume :-)
- Doug

My 17 year old daughter is here. What more could I want?
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com

- a Bosch 1590 jigsaw - a 2/10/50 automatic battery charger - a 23,000 BTU kerosense heater for the gar....uh shop 3 days with my mom, my daughter, my son and my two grandsons(at Mom's house) along with visits from all 3 of my siblings, their spouses and neices and nephews galore.
the best gift this year or any was the photo of the kids jimmy the oldest is 24 lives in san deigo next his brother danny 23 lives here in town but never get to see we both work way to much and then theres christy my 21 year old girl and grand dughter sabrina whos 2 and that live about 45 min away but always seem to be busy then there little bother micheal whos 7 months its the best gift I could have ask for.
Jim
A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP
A nice set of machinist squares An Incra 2000 miter guage An X-Y table for the mortiser I got last month (early gift) Drill Doctor 3 Highway Men and 1 Johnny Cash CDs lots of stocking stuffers.
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 05:16:45 -0800, junk wrote:
Griz G0505 planer :-)
- Doug