The new router has arrived.

Well I picked up my new router. It is going to be hanging like a Bat under the router table and is replacing the 16 year old Bosch. The Bosch gave notice 2 weeks ago that it was time for a promotion and I have had to find a replacement. ;~)
I got the router that can be compared to the Pontiac Aztec if one were to pick a vehicle as a comparison. The owners manual is a bit discerning. The first 2 pages went something like Norm and his safety intro. Page 3 was a trouble shooting guide... Hummmm.. And then came the instructions. I need a new dictionary to understand the lingo. Clockwise for up, Anti-clockwise for down... Anti-clockwise? And then there is the "Spares Listing". Every single part of the router is listed. I sure hope I don't not need all those "Spares" If I do need something from the Spares Listing, I have to contact a ..... "Stockist".
I'll report back after I get the router settled in at its new home and I have had a chance to let it get acquainted with the old Bosch 1611 which will be ever watchful over the newbie.
Leon wrote:

Nothing odd about the usage you're seeing, it's just the Queen's English and not American English.

--
--John

and
Oh, you can rest assured that it was indeed "ODD" as you put it, the instructions were only in English. There were no extra pages with Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, or Texan.
It was actually entertaining.

under
Nice orange 'bat' you've got there Leon.

was
Listing,
Divided by a common language once more I see. It does make sense to the English speaking world though. With your permission, I'd like to forward your comments to Triton, I can just about guarantee they'll do something about it.

The old Bosch is probably quite worried about the new kid in the flash suit of armour.

suit
You know Greg, I had both of the routers laying side by side on the work bench this morning. The orange one needed a spring-dec-te-me. The spring had to be removed. The blue one needed a spring trans-plant. The springs were gong back in this one. While both layed side by side partially assembled and or disassembled I think I heard a little growl come from one of them.
"Leon" wrote in message ...

one
hee! A while ago I brought home a shiny new LN Low Angle block plane. I swear I heard a hiss from the Satanley number 4 when I sat it on the shelf next to it.
Greg
There you go. Neither one of us were imagining this, were we. ;~)

Is that why my planes are sometimes rearranged? The eBay Stanleys are fighting with the Veritas and LN planes? Are the LN's calling the eBay planes "trailer trash" or picking on them 'cause they're old? Are the specialized planes picking on the general purpose tools? What about the Americans vs. the Canadians and British?
I don't even want to think about what the DJ-20 or the General 650 are saying to the shop made router table in the dark! I hope the 650 dosen't suddenly refuse to speak English and secedes from the shop!
Damn, I never thought of this! There could be all kinds of political problems in my shop!
Barry

I hear you. You may need to to take some sensitivity training classes too. LOL

Heaven forbid all our 'world tools' start only responding in their 'home' languages. With stuff coming from all over the world, how will we ever learn all the 'special language' needed to induce them to work? ;-)
Patriarch, who finds his LN planes very forgiving, except at the checkout counter...
I think it looks more like an early/mid 90s vintage mini-van than a Pontiac Aztec. :) Enjoy the new beast.
Brian.

under
was
Listing,

Pontiac
;~) LOL The one with the pointed front end?
I was trying to describe in terms of down right Weird Looking.
Maybe I missed it....what router did you get?
JP
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 03:13:47 GMT, "Leon"

The Triton
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 17:14:15 GMT, "Leon"

Heh - I was just going to post that I bet it's the Triton...I saw a pic of it on the back of the Klingspor catalog. Definitely orange. Definitely unique looking!
JP