The neighborhood lights will dim when you turn this on.

I just saw this ad on the Baltimore Craig's list;
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/225644244.html
An industrial shaper for about $1000. Two 5 hp motors and three 3 hp motors.
Marc
marc rosen wrote:

Thanks but I was looking for one with three 5hp motors. I need to put a 1/4" rabbit in some pine and want to make sure I have enough power to make the cut.
(snip) Thanks but I was looking for one with three 5hp motors. I need to put

I have a very portable machine with plenty of power that can make those rabbits, and do countless other operations. Much easier to set up, and easy on the electric bill too. I'd be willing to part with it for $1000 if your interested ;) --dave

I run a tennoner of similar specs. Surprisingly it only pulls 40 Amps. As all motors are started in series the startup draw in minimal.

Paul D wrote:

By 'series' do you mean they are strated one after another or they are wired in series?
Started one after each other

As