The Mother of All Pointy Sticks

Page 1 of 2

Saw this in the latest offering from Lee Valley. Had to share.
http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=1&pR924&cat=4,104,45483
--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....
John Thomas wrote:

delivered was unacceptable. They must not have had the approved rec.woodworking plans.
-Jim

Nah - the pointy stick part was OK.... even managed to get the double-end part right...
The bamboo cases were wet - and when they arrived, were covered with mold..... ;(
Neat product - but we ain't shipping moldy stuff .....
Cheers -
Rob
John Thomas said:

Let's see. Thirty 3 foot pointy sticks and a bamboo quiver. Not quite enough for around here...
Robin should think twice about selling these _period_. The potential for law suits is astounding. The perfect retroactive birth control.
In my generation, it was the rolling egg - an orange plastic contraption you climbed into and held on for dear life as your friends rolled you down a steep hill. If you weren't thrown free and impaled by a pointy stick, the leg and arm fractures would cripple you.
But I'll take 4 sets of these pointy sticks, extra sharp...
Greg G.

Lawn Darts...
Lawn darts were a game???? I just threw them up as high as I could and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian :-)>
-- www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas "Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups!"

I never used the word "game"
Just "lawn darts"
;-)
--
"Wherever there is a jackboot stomping on a human face there will be a
well-heeled Western liberal to explain that the face does, after all, enjoy

"Brian In Hampton" wrote

I have a brother who was one of those reckless, crazy guys who flirted with death many times in his life and rarely got hurt. I on the other hand, if I don't super observe every possible safety rule, gets hurt easily.
When he was about 14, got together with another crazy guy in the general area and found some old, leaking dynamite at an old logging camp. They picked it up and drove it home in the back of a pickup. Took it out in a field in back of the house and blew some holes in the ground near some big rocks.
The they proceeded to put some dynamite in the hole and roll big rocks onto the top of the charges. They would then blow up the dynamite and run around to avoid the rocks as they fell down from the sky. As they continued doing this, the rocks broke up and became smaller and smaller. Which meant that they would be harder to see.
And all he got from this was a few small bruises. And no blows to the head. And he thought it was great fun.

The mother of all potential lawsuits was that stupid balancing board set atop a can laid on its side. No telling how many Christmas morning were ruined by that thing......
jc
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 03:16:35 GMT, "noonenparticular"

Chemistry sets
Sure, in the lab you need a coat, goggles, gloves, mask, venting hood, fire doors, and goodness knows what else, but with a home chemistry set, all you need is a bunch of alcohol to fire up the alcohol lamp and you're in business! (I remember melting sulfer in a test tube, then putting in some water, and watching a sulfer chunk rocket out and hit the aluminum patio cover...)
Mark
Dave Balderstone said:

Or how about Cox model rockets. An 8 ounce plastic model rocket that you stuffed Estes "C" engines into and hoped it made it off the ground. If the parachute failed, as it frequently did, one could be impaled by a red plastic high velocity pointy stick from above.
Standing around the launch site, gazing at the sky for a tell-tale sign of the aberrant missile, would sometimes result in a loud "thunk" as the rocket's hard plastic nose cone impaled the hard, sun-baked clay to a depth of 3-4" - three feet ahead of you. Talk about putting your eye out...
Between this and the violent explosions from homemade rocket propellants, I had few friends left by the time puberty arrived.
Oh, yes. The Darwin factor certainly cleaned up the gene pool when I was a child - damned tort lawyers... <g>
Greg G.

What for? ...Birth control?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK said:

No, for poking at people in the wreck. ;-)
Greg G.
You'll put your eye out with that thing!

only if you run with it
Wed, Nov 16, 2005, 8:42pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@intel.com (JohnThomas) does posteth: Saw this in the latest offering from Lee Valley. Had to share. http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=1&p=52924&cat=4,104,45483
But what about plans?
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

You'll putcher eye out!
Steve

Remember jarts?

Jeeeeez , you just gotta think that this was a product liability suite in the making. I'm thinking LeeValley may have thought that also.