The Man Who Planted Trees

If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and start seeing the trees as amazing things.
So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by. And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way. emulate him.
www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks/the_man_who_planted_trees.pdf
charlie b
I DID enjoy this. Thanks for posting!

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:49:21 -0600, Scott Cox wrote:

Thanks, a refreshing post.

I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.
--
FF

:> ... :> :> So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by. :> And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way. :> emulate him. :> :> www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks/the_man_who_planted_trees.pdf :>
: I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.
This was featured in rcent magazine (woodwork, I think). It won the Oscar for best short film.
    -- Andy Barss

Yup, it's a beautiful animated short film (real animation...) by the National Film Board of Canada. Definitely worth tracking down.
Bob
charlie b wrote:

Thanks for posting. most inspirational.
Thank you, Charlie. I started not to read it with the thought I was just too busy. I was caught up and read every word.
Thanks again.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .