The Last Tablesaw

I'm in the market for my last table saw. The one that will last me the rest of my life. The one that my Grandchildren will fight over when I'm gone.
I'm doing my research on-line and by contacting vendors for info. But I'd like your input. I would like to enjoy a very fine saw. One with bulk, precision, power and refinement.
If you can give me pointers to saws that may be what I'm looking for, I would appreciate it. I'm not interested in 'saving money', I simply want the very best.
I would prefer if you sent me your thoughts and opinions privately in email as I don't want to start a 'best saw' flame war on Usenet.
Remove "NO" and "SPAM" from my email address to contact me.
Peace to You and Yours;
Mr. and Mrs. Genrich
How about something like this monster -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item813355465
Todd L

How about one of these puppies? http://www.altendorfamerica.com/equipment/manufacturers/altendorf/index.htm
I saw one of these in a local store last week. It was $24,500US! You did say you weren't interested in saving money. ;-)
I cut a lot of sheet goods and having one of these would be an absolute dream! But ... I'll have to stick with my 10" table saw with homemade extensions for a while.

Lloyd Kurth wrote:

[snip]
More steel than a battleship. I think I could land a small plane on the surface.
JAW
How about a General 650? The most recent magazine review that I saw on cabinet shop style saws rated it as the best in the review. I have a general International 185 contractor's saw, made in Taiwan, which is very nice. But the General, which is made in Canada, is in a different league (and cost bracket). I've looked at one in person and was very impressed. It should cost around $2000 US.
-Peter
On Fri, 07 May 2004 11:53:42 -0500, Peter De Smidt

If money's no object, I'd have to agree. Hard not to love the cast parts on the Gen 350/650s. The only caveat I would caution the OP about is that if his definition of "the very best" includes ease of assembly, he's _really_ going to be pissed at the p.i.t.a. the rail assembly and what are jokingly referred to as "directions" are.
Otherwise, best 10" out there. They're even more chocolatey.
Michael
Michael Baglio <mbaglio wrote:

While I agree that General's instructions could clearly be better, I didn't have any trouble using them to put together my 185 with the 52" rails.
-Peter
Last November I upgraded from the small Delta benchtop saw and after much reading I bought the Jet Contractor saw with the cast iron wings model # JWTS-10JF. I've been very satisfied with this saw, wired it for 220. It went together with no problems, I brought home a straight edge like you would use to check engine heads/blocks to align the extensions. A little tweaking on the fence adjustments when assembling it and it's dead on parallel with the blade. I ordered it from Amazon and I believe the price was $749. Oh the miter gauges that comes with it is pretty well junk, it's got the little flip over thing that the angle set screws go against and it wobbles. I bought the Incra V27 miter gage from woodcraft. I'd buy this saw again.
--

Mike S.

"Kim" < snipped-for-privacy@NOlinuxSPAMpuppy.net> wrote in message

*Guessing* you'd be happy with a Unisaw, PM66 or General Cabinet Saw. 10", 3hp, 52" rails.