THe joys of woodworking and beer drinking!

Can anyone relate to woodworking after a few beers!! It's second to having - ok third to having sex!! Just wondering!! I do stay away from the table saw thought. ;<")
Take care, Randy
Randy wrote:>Can anyone relate to woodworking after a few beers!!

thoughts all the time. You take care, also. Tom Work at your leisure!

Can't say we're on the same page WRT the sex issue, but the joy of fine brewed beverages sends me down the neander route. You need a clear head for power tool work, but if I've got a stack of chair spindles in the shave pony, or some mortising chisel work to do, surface planing the benchtop, break out the Stone IPA or Guiness, and enjoy the quiet.
Nick
"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
On 14 Jul 2004 11:41:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (michael suwczinsky) wrote:

I'm drinking a Saranac IPA as I type, and I gotta tell you, it tastes pretty good. It's funny how my beer tastes have changed over the years. Now I seem to be pretty much all over the map!
JP ***************** A dozen Duvels on an empty stomach?
Jay Pique wrote:

me your keys and I'll drive you home.
(michael suwczinsky)

shop keys so we can confiscate your power tools so you will not get hurt. We have your safety in mind.
Minor beer gloat - I've worked a few times with a painter named Seguitas who was in the Russian army and kisses the hands of prospective female customers when you recommend him for a job, and the other day he says, "you goink be here tomorrow? I bring beer. Good Lithuanian beer," and I thought, uh oh, one of those lunches that lasts until dinnertime. So he was on the job the next morning, went to his beat up station wagon with the ladders on top, opens the back door and drags me out a whole case of Svyturys Lithuanian beer. It's very tasty stuff, though I'm no connoiseur. Kind of like Old Style without the bitter aftertaste. He's a good painter, too, but doesn't charge enough for his work.
So which is it?
Very tasty? ...or tastes like Old Style?
Joe
It's very tasty stuff,

You're drinking Old Style (or I am). After you sip it, there's this agreeable, full-bodied flavor. Then, somewhere between the sip and the swallow is a distinctly bitter taste. This Svyturys stuff is the full-bodied flavor and no bitter. I'm regretting there are only 4 bottles left. I'll have to ask Seguitas where he got it, probably up on Belmont Avenue in Chicago's Russian neighborhood

Tastes Great? Less Filling?

It tastes okay but it's very filling, but I'm smoking less and enjoying it more, if you go back that far.

Tastes filling! Less great

I get like that after a few myself...and I'm a cartographer! <G>
Typing while he still has fingers, Randy gushes:

We will take care Randy. You won't.
Inane.

Beer always tastes best after a long day of woodworker while I vaccum up the dust. Makes the whole clean up process much more fun. Beer + power tools are just not a good mix.
Chuck

I agree. Beer and my shop go together well, when the tools are off and I'm cleaning up the floor and the bench.
djb
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:53:45 -0600, Dave Balderstone

I have a no alcohol in the shop rule. if there's alcohol in you, you're not in the shop.
WoodChuck34 wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:03:17 -0400, Bill Schnakenberg
What's with a yard of ale then?