THe joys of woodworking and beer drinking!

Can anyone relate to woodworking after a few beers!! It's second to having - ok third to having sex!! Just wondering!! I do stay away from the table saw thought. ;

Reply to
Computech One

Randy wrote:>Can anyone relate to woodworking after a few beers!!

Reply to
Tom

Typing while he still has fingers, Randy gushes:

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Can't say we're on the same page WRT the sex issue, but the joy of fine brewed beverages sends me down the neander route. You need a clear head for power tool work, but if I've got a stack of chair spindles in the shave pony, or some mortising chisel work to do, surface planing the benchtop, break out the Stone IPA or Guiness, and enjoy the quiet.

Nick

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
michael suwczinsky

I'm drinking a Saranac IPA as I type, and I gotta tell you, it tastes pretty good. It's funny how my beer tastes have changed over the years. Now I seem to be pretty much all over the map!

JP

***************** A dozen Duvels on an empty stomach?
Reply to
Jay Pique

Inane.

Reply to
Brian

route....

happy."-Benjamin

All over the map, you say? You've had a few too many, my friend. Hand me your keys and I'll drive you home.

Reply to
Karl

Yes hand over your car keys and while you are at it hand over your shop keys so we can confiscate your power tools so you will not get hurt. We have your safety in mind.

Reply to
dteckie

Minor beer gloat - I've worked a few times with a painter named Seguitas who was in the Russian army and kisses the hands of prospective female customers when you recommend him for a job, and the other day he says, "you goink be here tomorrow? I bring beer. Good Lithuanian beer," and I thought, uh oh, one of those lunches that lasts until dinnertime. So he was on the job the next morning, went to his beat up station wagon with the ladders on top, opens the back door and drags me out a whole case of Svyturys Lithuanian beer. It's very tasty stuff, though I'm no connoiseur. Kind of like Old Style without the bitter aftertaste. He's a good painter, too, but doesn't charge enough for his work.

Reply to
BUB 209

Beer always tastes best after a long day of woodworker while I vaccum up the dust. Makes the whole clean up process much more fun. Beer + power tools are just not a good mix.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34

I agree. Beer and my shop go together well, when the tools are off and I'm cleaning up the floor and the bench.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Beer plus a tape measure does not go well either.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

So which is it?

Very tasty? ...or tastes like Old Style?

Joe

It's very tasty stuff,

Reply to
Joe Tylicki

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:43:43 -0400, Jay Pique vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I get like that after a few myself...and I'm a cartographer!

Reply to
Old Nick

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:03:17 -0400, Bill Schnakenberg vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

What's with a yard of ale then?

Reply to
Old Nick

I have a no alcohol in the shop rule. if there's alcohol in you, you're not in the shop.

Reply to
bridger

You're drinking Old Style (or I am). After you sip it, there's this agreeable, full-bodied flavor. Then, somewhere between the sip and the swallow is a distinctly bitter taste. This Svyturys stuff is the full-bodied flavor and no bitter. I'm regretting there are only

4 bottles left. I'll have to ask Seguitas where he got it, probably up on Belmont Avenue in Chicago's Russian neighborhood
Reply to
BUB 209

Tastes Great? Less Filling?

Reply to
dteckie

It tastes okay but it's very filling, but I'm smoking less and enjoying it more, if you go back that far.

Reply to
BUB 209

Tastes filling! Less great

Reply to