The fragrance of tools

We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather different experience today. My old Stanley ratchet (not Yankee) screwdriver walked off and I needed to replace it. I was in Home Depot anyway and looked at the tools and there was a Husky that looked the same except for a rubber handle, so went with that rather than drive around hunting for a Stanley. Got home, opened it up, and was much surprised to find that it smelled of Hoppes #9. Why they were using nitro powder solvent on a screwdriver I have no idea but it certainly makes a better impression than the 3 buck HF toggle clamps I picked up a couple of days ago.

So HD tools stink too, but not as badly as HF tools?
My tools used to stink too and then I learned how to use them more effectively.
We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather different experience today. My old Stanley ratchet (not Yankee) screwdriver walked off and I needed to replace it. I was in Home Depot anyway and looked at the tools and there was a Husky that looked the same except for a rubber handle, so went with that rather than drive around hunting for a Stanley. Got home, opened it up, and was much surprised to find that it smelled of Hoppes #9. Why they were using nitro powder solvent on a screwdriver I have no idea but it certainly makes a better impression than the 3 buck HF toggle clamps I picked up a couple of days ago.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Please, Hoppes #9 is not "stink", but the sweet smell of perfume.

Rob Leatham
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:05:58 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Indeed. In fact..I know of a lady who used it as perfume when shopping for a husband. She was one of the most popular ladies at the gatherings and finally netted a hubby that is worth more than the Treasury. <G>
Gunner

From another NG (SED) today:
Do you know why a man gets excited by a woman dressed in leather? Because it makes her smell like a new truck.

You mean his net income for the first seven months of this year a NEGATIVE $1T? That's not very impressive.