The FESTOOL effect

I have been watching prices on woodworking stuff climb lately. Especially on junk items.
Woodcraft especially.
What I think it is, and I've seen this before. You get a premium line in like Festool, and people will pay the price. So then the other manufacturers and retailers figure if they raise the price people will think its a finer product.
I am watching some real low end stuff skyrocket. Be careful out there.
tiredofspam wrote:

What sort of items in particular?

tiredofspam wrote:

I dunno. I've got a coupon (you can have one too by visiting their website) for the HF Multifunction Miracle Twitching Tool for $16.77!
That seems like a DROP in price...
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

I see the opposite. Take for instance, the Festool Multitool. I see the same tool made by and/or for Rockwell, Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc. at a much lower price and yet to see any price increases. I would think the idea is to offer lower pricing to beat the competition. That appears what I've been seeing.

WTF is a "Festool Multitool"?
--
www.ewoodshop.com

"Swingman" wrote:

Down boy<G>.
Lew
On 12/14/2012 9:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Hell no ... I just might _need_ one!!
;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

On 12/14/2012 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

--
Froz...

My mistake, tiger. I meant the Fein Multi-tool (Multimaster).

Damn you Meanie, that was mean. You broke my heart.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

Don't despair. I hear that Festool is going to be producing a home builders truck that comes with a basic set of its tools.
They're still working out the sales price, but it's expected to sell in the $700,000 range for the basic unit. Upgrade it with all the options and you're looking close to a $Million.
Reserve your FOGTruck now ($50,000 deposit required), and they will give you a Festool Christmas tree for free.
:)

I was going to say, you could probably make a deal on a "Festool Multi-tool" for $1999.99 down, 60 months/27.6625% APR.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

On 12/15/2012 11:45 AM, Meanie wrote:

But wait!!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
wrote in message

tool, I thought they were the first with the Multimaster.
The "F" thing threw me off. I knew the Multitool brand started with an F, I just forgot which one. : )
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Been noticing that myself. Saw an email flyer from Rockler recently advertising router tables ... cheapest one was a four legged metal stand, MDF core top, and el cheapo fence, on -sale- for $500. Sheesh.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 12/14/2012 2:51 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Or like every thing else, inflation is creating the price increases.