The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

Probably but I would not have enjoyed the process as much with the older saw.

Reply to
Leon

Wow Leon. Its beautiful. I just repurposed an old dresser : )

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Leon

Quite an entertainment center. I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker panels. john

I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.

The console had to be IR and sound transparent so that I could hide all of the electronics. It also had to hide the wiring, provide space for the front sides and center speaker, storage for CD's DVD and BlueRay disks and electronics and fill the 8' wide space. It does all of the above.

The back is completely open for ventilation and ease of accessing the wiring and the top is totally removable and indexed for easy replacement. The removeable top makes running all of the wiring a breeze without having to pull the console out.

Oh and Swingman, I think I'm probably going to do a little tweaking of the cables. ;~)

jloomis

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in water and glue it in place?

Reply to
Leon

Thank you John!

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in water and glue it in place?

Reply to
jloomis

Sounds nice. 10~12 years ago I recaned a set of dining room chair seats. It is/was an involved job but it came out perfectly.

Reply to
Leon