The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

Page 3 of 3
On 10/26/2013 11:36 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Thank you Mike, the void is filled! ;~)
Wow Leon. Its beautiful. I just repurposed an old dresser : )
On Friday, October 25, 2013 5:31:54 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Thank you Jim
On 10/29/2013 8:57 PM, Jim wrote:

Quite an entertainment center. I had made one for my friends and used cane to cover the speaker panels. john
"Leon" wrote in message
I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.
The console had to be IR and sound transparent so that I could hide all of the electronics. It also had to hide the wiring, provide space for the front sides and center speaker, storage for CD's DVD and BlueRay disks and electronics and fill the 8' wide space. It does all of the above.
The back is completely open for ventilation and ease of accessing the wiring and the top is totally removable and indexed for easy replacement. The removeable top makes running all of the wiring a breeze without having to pull the console out.
Oh and Swingman, I think I'm probably going to do a little tweaking of the cables. ;~)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10482822316/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10482827264/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10483001133/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10482828156/in/photostream/
On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in water and glue it in place?
Hello Leon, I soaked the cane, and then in my routing, stapled and glued it in place. It dried and tightened up nicely. I bought the cane from a chair person. Hel told me what I needed to do, and it worked well. It makes a very sturdy cover on a cabinet....especially if sealed/painted or....The people I made it for, painted it white since their home is white cupboards. John
"Leon" wrote in message
On 10/30/2013 8:55 AM, jloomis wrote:

Did you simply place the cane as in the openings or did you soak it in water and glue it in place?
On 10/30/2013 8:11 PM, jloomis wrote:

Sounds nice. 10~12 years ago I recaned a set of dining room chair seats. It is/was an involved job but it came out perfectly.