--
Nail a post to the Spalted Board. Free WW'ing software and forums.
Regular freebies! http://www.spaltedboard.com
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:15:14 GMT, Brian Blazer

would you consider publishing the articles somewhere, perhaps as a CDrom?
alternately, they could be entered into the google groups archive.
it'd be a shame to see it all lost.
On 2005-10-10 16:50:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@all.costs said:

Either of those suggestions are things I am not familiar with doing. I would be happy to look at them, however. I too think it would be a shame to lose it all.
--
Nail a post to the Spalted Board. Free WW'ing software and forums.
Regular freebies! http://www.spaltedboard.com

Perhaps I can be of assistance. If you wish, you can contact me at: david (at) allsizemores (dot) (com).
The first thought would be to place it on a CD or DVD, preserving the html to allow it to be "browseable" just as it exists today.
At a minimum, you could sell it for the cost of the media+postage, once the disk format is set, the time investment would be negligible
dave sizemore
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:06:58 GMT, Brian Blazer

publishing them would take some effort, in the form of editing and production. once that was done it would be marketable, and likely someone like Taunton Press might be interested in carrying it. essentially they would be selling a CDrom and you would see a percentage of the proceeds.
entering it into the google archives would be simpler. you'd need someone to write you a script that took each article and posted it to rec.woodworking. the pictures would still be lost though.
On 10/10/2005 3:15 PM Brian Blazer mumbled something about the following:

Would you be willing to let someone else take it over? I have my own hosting server.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7
Brian Blazer wrote:

Thanks Brian. I enjoyed participating on your board. Best wishes.
Neil