The end of civilization as we know it?

Page 2 of 2

Tue, Nov 15, 2005, 9:49am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@impulse.net (JenniferJuniper) doth sayeth: <snip> I bring them with me to a place where tools are known to walk away. <snip>
Paint 'em pink.
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:15:50 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) scribbled:

The above is from somebody who paints his tools yellow so his kids won't steal them, so JOAT speaks from experience.
Fluorescent pink is my preference. That's the colour I used to use on my hiking boot shoelaces, but I can't find any anywhere anymore. Also makes them easy to find and they attracted all kinds of positive attention from women. (I hope Marilyn doesn't see this.)
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Woodworking
Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 11:09pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@nonet.ca (LuigiZanasi) did claimeth: <snip> Fluorescent pink is my preference. That's the colour I used to use on my hiking boot shoelaces, but I can't find any anywhere anymore. Also makes them easy to find and they attracted all kinds of positive attention from women. (I hope Marilyn doesn't see this.)
Pink, eh? Fluorescent pink at that, eh? Don't try to tell us you haven't heard of google. This site should be able to keep you steadily supplied with all the fluorescent pink laces you will ever need. Must be all those women, throwing you down, and stealing your boot laces, eh? LMAO http://www.justskates.com/products.php?id=21 Turned up #2 in about eleventyteen thousand hits.. Me, I figure you wear them, so when you get eaten by a moose, or something, and all that's left is your boots, they can say, "Yep, that's poor Luigi, you can tell it's him, by the boot laces". LMAO
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.
Mon, Nov 14, 2005, 9:04pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@computer.org (Ken) doth burble: <snip> Is there anyone left on the wreck who will sacrifice all and admit they bought a new Craftsmen tool, knowing they will beaten into the ground by the anti Sears lobby? <snip>
I bought a Craftsman router years back. It worked well for several years, then quit. I bought a replacement (from Sears), then found out the first one only needed a wire resoldered. I've been using the new one ever since. Then I bought 3 (three) used Sears routers, I'll eventually make one or two more router tables, for special uses. The router I use lives in my router table, and does exactly what I need, and want, with no problems. And, I really don't give a rat's rosy red rectum if anyone knows it, or what they hink about it. Do you have a point?
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.
Mon, Nov 14, 2005, 9:04pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@computer.org (Ken) doth query: <snip> Is there anyone left on the wreck who will sacrifice all and admit they bought a new Craftsmen tool, <snip>
Forgot. Got a new in the box variable speed Craftsman scrollsaw some years back, for about $35 - apparently they were phasing the model out, or the price was just marked wrong - anyway works great. Around the same time got a new, in the box, Craftsman bandsaw, also for around $35. It's not a floor model, but works - really need to get a better blade tho. They're both painted yellow now. That was a franchise store, it's out of business now. And, I still don't care who knows.
JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.