The carved tree

1) Some where I stumbled upon or maybe someone sent me a picture of a standing tree and after the tree was down and the trunk opened and the inside carved. (That sentence is a discombobulated but maybe you get the idea.) Anyway I have uploaded the pictures to a.b.p.w.
2) The alt.crafts.woodturning group is pretty inactive. Does anybody else know a site where I might learn enough to get started.
Thanks.

Where do you live? There are good woodturning clubs all over the country - and, most likely, there's one near you.
On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:19:29 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I live in AL and out in the country -if there is such a thing these days- but based on your suggestion I did a Goggle search and found some clubs within 50 miles that might work. Long drive but better than killing time in the house in the winter.
Thanks.
I find the turners forum at Sawmill Creek to be very active with lots of folks willing to offer help to folks new to turning.
Larry
On Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:49:43 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:54:37 -0800 (PST), "Gramps' shop"

prospect. Thanks. Jim