The carved tree

1) Some where I stumbled upon or maybe someone sent me a picture of a standing tree and after the tree was down and the trunk opened and the inside carved. (That sentence is a discombobulated but maybe you get the idea.) Anyway I have uploaded the pictures to a.b.p.w.

2) The alt.crafts.woodturning group is pretty inactive. Does anybody else know a site where I might learn enough to get started.

Thanks.

Reply to
athiker

Where do you live? There are good woodturning clubs all over the country - and, most likely, there's one near you.

Reply to
joeljcarver

I find the turners forum at Sawmill Creek to be very active with lots of folks willing to offer help to folks new to turning.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

I live in AL and out in the country -if there is such a thing these days- but based on your suggestion I did a Goggle search and found some clubs within 50 miles that might work. Long drive but better than killing time in the house in the winter.

Thanks.

Reply to
athiker

Took a quick look just now and it does indeed look like a good prospect. Thanks. Jim

Reply to
athiker