The borg strikes back

Page 2 of 2
Bar clamps ARE hand tools then. Ya' know if walks like a clamp and quacks like a clamp, K-body and Quick-Grips are both clamps. So now if you go in and get the rebate for the Quick-Grips you should get them for the K-body. The symantics on what is aand what is not a "Hand Tool" and raising prices before their special on the gift card is getting me real discouraged with HD. It's to bad their not as upstanding as Lee Valley.
I think it's time to vote with my wallet.
Erik

They were listed this morning ... the link is still in my browser history file, although it no longer brings anything up.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
On 29 Oct 2003 19:58:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (joeyb) wrote:

Did you ask her how you either plug it in or pedal it ?
My Jorge's just keep looking better and better.
(joeyb) wrote: : : >I gave her the : >code for the small clamps. She said that they didn't qualify for the : >gift card because they were not a hand tool. : : Did you ask her how you either plug it in or pedal it ? :
Although we won't know for sure until gift cards are actually delivered, I hope the following settles the issue:
<quote>
Dear Mr. Caillouet,
Thank you for contacting Home Depot Customer Care.
We appreciate you taking the time to forward your concerns regarding the Hand Tool rebate offered by the Home Depot. We sincerely value your feedback, and we respect your opinion.
The clamps you purchased should be approved for the Hand Tool rebate according to the following rule/restriction; offer includes all hardware department and electrical department hand tools.
Our company was built on respect for all individuals, and on behalf of The Home Depot, we are sorry if you had an unpleasant shopping experience. We have documented your concerns, and we will follow up on them accordingly.
Know that it is our desire to satisfy all of our customers with the products and services we provide. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to restore your confidence in The Home Depot.
If we can be of further assistance, please email us again or call us at 1-800-553-3199, with reference number 793255.
Regards,
Liza Customer Care Department homedepot.com
</quote>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

I haven't received a reply to my email yet but I did go into a HD yesterday afternoon and talked to the tool department manager When I asked about the clamps, he first asked me "what kind of clamps?". I said "any clamps that you would use to glue wood together". He said "sure, those qualify".
People can argue whether or not clamps are really hand tools in the purest sense of the word, but as far as HD and this promotion is concerned, clamps are hand tools and they qualify.
I was never worried about it. <bg>
Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.

Ok, here is the reply I got back from the Borg today, although I don't think we need anymore clarification on this.
<quote>
Hello Jeff,
Thank you for contacting homedepot.com!
Both the Bessey and Quick-Grip clamps are listed in our special catalog as items that qualify for the Gift Card Promotion. If you have further questions please refer to the sales brochure (America's Largest Tool Box) which should be available at your local Home Depot.
If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again.
Your Home Improvement Partner,
Butch homedepot.com
</quote>
Jeff ____________________________________________ You won't notice the splinters in the ladder of success, unless you are sliding down.
Not to beat a dead horse but I called the 800 # on the rebate form and they did in fact say they qualified. Rob