"The Borg"?

Ok, I have seen reference to this "place" for a long time, just what is "THE BORG"?

Regards, Lewis

Reply to
Lewis Dodd

Thomas Mitchell

Reply to
Ben Siders

Big Orange Retail Giant ????

Reply to
warren weber

It's a reference to Star Trek, where an alien civilisation cruised the universe, assimilating everything and everyone it came across like a giant virus: "You will be assimilated; resistance is futile". I.E., any big box home improvement store. When they come to town, the Mom and Pop places seem to die.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

Dumb answer: Owned,maintained, and posted periodically by David Essen. Search for FAQ with ESSEN as author and you are sure to find it in the archives

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

Or would that be Eisen? :-)

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Jums notes:

Or Eisan.

Charlie Self

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
Pat Barber

Big Orange Retail Giant

Reply to
KirkEverts

Curses. I was hoping to find escapism from my dreary real life of putting up with hostile Trek-nerds and Star Wars fanboys and comic book dorks in the computer industry by getting into woodworking. I arrive only to find more of the same. Damn you, Shatner!

Then again, what can a guy expect on newsgroups? :)

Reply to
Ben Siders

Resistance is futile.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Big Orange Retail Giant. The Home Depot.

woodstrapper

Reply to
woodstrapper

Go to google. Type in something like rec.woodworking FAQ, or even just rec.woodworking, and see what you get. And/or, go to the archives. Type in rec.woodworking FAQ.

JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year.

- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

See

then scroll down to "1.9 What are some of the common rec.woodworking terms/abbreviations?"

Broach

Reply to
Broach

From the days of the early Intel 586 chips -- with the divide bug.

"I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. Prepare to be approximated."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Lewis Dodd:

The band that sued "THE BORG UK"?

Reply to
Bob Stahl

Reply to
Eddie Munster

On 29 Jul 2003, Robert Bonomi spake unto rec.woodworking:

Not original, but worth repeating:

"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated."

Reply to
Scott Cramer