"The Borg"?

Page 1 of 2
Ok, I have seen reference to this "place" for a long time, just what is "THE BORG"?
Regards, Lewis
--
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught.
Lewis Dodd wrote:

Stupid question, but how does one get hold of the FAQ?
Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Dumb answer: Owned,maintained, and posted periodically by David Essen. Search for FAQ with ESSEN as author and you are sure to find it in the archives
-Chris
Or would that be Eisen? :-)
Jums

major
Jums notes:

Or Eisan.
Charlie Self
"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'." Dan Quayle

"THE
Big Orange Retail Giant ????
Hmmm.. I read it on the official website of the group??? maybe. found it out there but I don't have the page bookmarked. Maybe someone will pipe in with it.
warren weber wrote:

http://www.google.com/groups?q Q+group:rec.woodworking&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=MVPTa.64158%24zwL.5325%40news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com&rnum=2
Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Lewis Dodd wrote:

It's a reference to Star Trek, where an alien civilisation cruised the universe, assimilating everything and everyone it came across like a giant virus: "You will be assimilated; resistance is futile". I.E., any big box home improvement store. When they come to town, the Mom and Pop places seem to die.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Curses. I was hoping to find escapism from my dreary real life of putting up with hostile Trek-nerds and Star Wars fanboys and comic book dorks in the computer industry by getting into woodworking. I arrive only to find more of the same. Damn you, Shatner!
Then again, what can a guy expect on newsgroups? :)
Ben Siders wrote:

Resistance is futile.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF

From the days of the early Intel 586 chips -- with the divide bug.
"I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. Prepare to be approximated."
On 29 Jul 2003, Robert Bonomi spake unto rec.woodworking:

Not original, but worth repeating:
"I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated."
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:49:06 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
I am dyslexic Borg. Your ass will be laminated.

Eternal life?
Live long and prosper!
And watch out for the tribbles!
Have a nice week...
Trent
Big Orange Retail Giant

Big Orange Retail Giant. The Home Depot.
woodstrapper
Go to google. Type in something like rec.woodworking FAQ, or even just rec.woodworking, and see what you get. And/or, go to the archives. Type in rec.woodworking FAQ.
JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year. - Lady Myria LeJean.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
See www.robson.org/woodfaq then scroll down to "1.9 What are some of the common rec.woodworking terms/abbreviations?"
Broach