The benefits of being a tool junkie

OK, I'm doing some repairs on a shed built by the previous owner of this house.
It uses the garage as one wall, and most of the shed wall on one end had to be replaced. So I'm in the process of putting in a new stud on the outside of the garage wall (it's a rig, there's another post on that).
The siding is in two sections, one from the sill to the top plate, and the other filling from there to the rafters. The part going to the rafters was in fine shape, so I left it be along with the existing top plate. Trouble is that the end nearest the garage wasn't actually attached to anything except the now missing rotted studs. But it was closer than an inch and a half to the garage wall so there was no way to get anything behind it to attach to the garage structure. So I needed to trim that out to let a 2x8 slide behind it.
My first thought was "sawzall" but it won't fit close enough to the wall to get a straight shot. Then I realized that I had the perfect tool for that job, the Multimaster. So stuck one of the bimetal blades in (there were a couple of nails that might need to be cut and would certainly be hit), held a cut off end of 2x4 up for a guide, set the blade flat against the 2x4, and sawed away. Of course that only got through part of 1 2x4 (there are two) but it cut away enough that I could pry the nails out (the heads were between the two 2x4s--pulling them was not an option). Once they were out, I needed to trim the rest and the Multimaster didn't have enough reach. So out comes the Japanese handsaw, and that made short work of the rest (it could have done the whole job but it's an expensive saw and I didn't want to risk buggering it up on the nails).
Result, perfect fit. Once those pieces are strong-tied to the new board, they're going to be properly supported for the first time in the history of that wall.
J. Clarke wrote:

It's nice to win sometimes, isn't it? :)

Yep.