The bandsaw book?

Winters here, well almost and I think someone said there is a "bible" for setting up a BS? Anyone have the correct name, publisher, or ISBN(?) number. Or.. url on Amazon?

regards

Reply to
Lost In Space

Band Saw Basics by Mark and Gene Duginske is a very good book and has much on setting up a band saw. Dick

Reply to
Dick

yep - search on Amazon for "Duginske" and you'll get a variety of his bandsaw books to choose from. I have the "Bandsaw Handbook" and it's great.

Andy

You can also check out The Bandsaw Handbook

I can't really compare the two, as I've never seen the "basics" one. At the time I got my saw, the Handbook was "the" bible. About that same time, he came out with a bench guide, but as it was new, I went with the old standard. :)

Clint

Reply to
Clint

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:08:28 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dick" quickly quoth:

Mark Duginske's "Band Saw Handbook" is better, my BS Bible. Amazon Product Details

  • Paperback: 320 pages * Publisher: Sterling (December 31, 1989) * Language: English * ISBN: 0806963980 * Product Dimensions: 10.0 x 8.0 x 0.8 inches * Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds.

A few other folks like Lonnie Bird's "The Bandsaw Book" better. YMMV

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bible of BS?

Reply to
B a r r y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:55:12 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, B a r r y quickly quoth:

BS = BandSaw, Barrykins.

BS (aka Toro Caca) is also what I get for posting on the Wreck, eh? ;)

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeh, your right about the Band Saw Handbook, I've got that one also. When I got the Band Saw Basics book out I thought it was a little skimpy. Wrong book! Dick

Reply to
Dick

I have Lonnie Bird's book. "The Bandsaw Book". And I get Mark Duginske's "Band Saw Handbook" out of the library from time to time. Not much to pick between them, they are both good.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

They are both good but as I remember it they differ on some important points. Duginske made more sense to me.

Jus' my 2 pennies,

Layne

Reply to
Layne