The answer to the old debate of round vs square dog holes

Hey all,
I was browsing the online store at the Museum of Woodworking Tools when I came across a photo of a pair of Japanese saws laid on a workbench with square *and* round dog holes. The square dog holes are done in the traditional way of cutting dados into one edge of a board. The round dog holes are bored into the next board over in between the square dog holes. Duh, I thought, that solves the question of whether to make a bench with square or round dog holes....just make one with both!
Layne
Now wasn't that s simple answer to end that debate..
Which style should go first though.. ;~)