The angle of the dangle

Todd, I'm sure that's the answer to my question. I assume "The Woodwright's Shop" is a TV program - perhaps the other side of Abram's NYW. That would be one excuse for my ignorance as I rarely spend more than an hour or two per week in front of the TV. That sounds like one I might like to check out. Now if I can find which section of the newspaper has the TV listings...

Thanks for the reply.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Danny Boy responds:

He can always try:

are 2. There are many more.

Charlie Self "Property is not the sacred right. When a rich man becomes poor it is a misfortune, it is not a moral evil. When a poor man becomes destitute, it is a moral evil, teeming with consequences and injurious to society and morality." Lord Acton

Reply to
Charlie Self

Egad I was making this way to complicated. Its a no brainer almost if you look at drawing of my frame.

Its just the other end of the known angle.

The Angle I was after is whats left after subtracting the known angle from 90....

78.68 dg of slope and the top needs to be cut at 11.32dg to remain flat when assembled.
Reply to
reader

Done.

Look for compangle2.pdf. I didn't double check, and rounded to nearest 1/4 degree (fair enough?) I hope this is helpful. If you find anything wrong, write here ...in a new thread titled "Dan doesn't have a clue"... or something like that.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy

You should stop quoting him; you and he have nothing in common. He wasn't petty. People now have several choices, and can take whichever they choose. That's all.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy

A reply with an answer is a `helper'. A reply with an answer to some other question is a waste of bandwidth.

Anyone who has ever rubbed two sticks together knows how to hold in position and set a bevel. Why would you jump in with advice so time worn and obvious? Had you actually read the post, which asked for a `mathmatical' solution, you might have just not replied since even with your numerous degrees, you don't seem to have a clue how it would be ascertained.

Reply to
Harry Putnam

Woodwright's Shop" is a TV program - perhaps the other side of

more than an hour or two per week in front of the TV. That

of the newspaper has the TV listings...

If you find it at all, it's likely to be on a PBS station.

todd

Reply to
todd

Well, Mr. Harry Putnam , it's like this; your first post here was on 19-Mar-2004 and in it you stated "I'm a lightweight hobbyist". Your third post initiated this thread. From your initial statement and the basic angle question you posed, I assumed you were a newbie to woodworking.

Obviously I was wrong in this. Please forgive me for not recognizing your vast experience and knowledge. It is now obvious to me that I will not be able to offer any assistance or help to someone of your eminent stature.

Perhaps you could condescend and be so kind as to dispense with the arrogance and share some of your masterful woodworking wisdom with this group?

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Did you have a question?

Reply to
Harry Putnam

Sure ...How do you find the angle of ... Jsut kidding.

I will answer one though: No drama, no fuss. I'm pretty sure this angle of cut can be established before hand with a light weight calculation of some kind. I'd hoped someone here would know it.

There is no "easy" answer. It's not "lightweight." But is has been established beforehand, and is readily available, and all of this waste of time would really now be better spent helping each other build stuff instead of yelling at a computer screen. There's enough spam and junk mail around already.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy