The angle of the dangle

Page 2 of 2
What's your issue with a 'helper'? A clamp is a 'helper'. Even a pile of rocks can be a 'helper'. It would seem that you made the bad assumption that a helper had to be the live kind.
You're not safe in your assumption about me not knowing the mathematical answer either. With degrees in electrical engineering I'm no stranger to this kind of basic math. It just isn't necessary to solve the problem.
Art
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

You should stop quoting him; you and he have nothing in common. He wasn't petty. People now have several choices, and can take whichever they choose. That's all.
Dan.

A reply with an answer is a `helper'. A reply with an answer to some other question is a waste of bandwidth.

Anyone who has ever rubbed two sticks together knows how to hold in position and set a bevel. Why would you jump in with advice so time worn and obvious? Had you actually read the post, which asked for a `mathmatical' solution, you might have just not replied since even with your numerous degrees, you don't seem to have a clue how it would be ascertained.
post here was on 19-Mar-2004 and in it you stated "I'm a lightweight hobbyist". Your third post initiated this thread. From your initial statement and the basic angle question you posed, I assumed you were a newbie to woodworking.
Obviously I was wrong in this. Please forgive me for not recognizing your vast experience and knowledge. It is now obvious to me that I will not be able to offer any assistance or help to someone of your eminent stature.
Perhaps you could condescend and be so kind as to dispense with the arrogance and share some of your masterful woodworking wisdom with this group?
Art

Did you have a question?

Sure ...How do you find the angle of ... Jsut kidding.
I will answer one though: No drama, no fuss. I'm pretty sure this angle of cut can be established before hand with a light weight calculation of some kind. I'd hoped someone here would know it.
There is no "easy" answer. It's not "lightweight." But is has been established beforehand, and is readily available, and all of this waste of time would really now be better spent helping each other build stuff instead of yelling at a computer screen. There's enough spam and junk mail around already.
Dan.

At the risk of exposing my ignorance for all the world to see: Who or What is "Roy"??
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

is "Roy"??

Well, I stumbled into this thread late, but when "Roy" comes up around here, it's usually in reference to Roy Underhill from The Woodwright's Shop - neander-extraordinaire.
todd

Todd, I'm sure that's the answer to my question. I assume "The Woodwright's Shop" is a TV program - perhaps the other side of Abram's NYW. That would be one excuse for my ignorance as I rarely spend more than an hour or two per week in front of the TV. That sounds like one I might like to check out. Now if I can find which section of the newspaper has the TV listings...
Thanks for the reply.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

What
here,
Woodwright's Shop" is a TV program - perhaps the other side of

more than an hour or two per week in front of the TV. That

of the newspaper has the TV listings...

If you find it at all, it's likely to be on a PBS station.
todd