The $4K Wood Shop

Page 2 of 3
RicodJour wrote: ...

So are the luggage carts at the various terminals. Nothing worse than trying to control one of them bastardly things going down a ramp w/ the four bloody wheels all trying to go a different direction simultaneously...
Different but certainly not better (or as fit for purpose)...
✖

Did you know that shopping carts in European supermarkets (and Borg equivalents) have four swivel casters? I couldn't count how many times have I've ohad to lift the fookin' back of the cart to move it out of the way of someone going by. The four swivels allow you to just push it in any direction. We certainly lag behind in some areas.
While 4 swivel wheels is ok for moving out of the way when parked I absolutely hate the 4 swivel carts then actually trying to go some where with one. They tend to go where they want to go rather than where you want them to go.
Add pictures here
✖

Hmmm, you're one of those guys who drives between the lines on the road, ain't ya? Where's the creativity and challenge in that? ;)
✖
On 11/9/2010 11:26 AM, Roy wrote:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001989/3723/3-Caster-Double-Locking-Swiveling-with-4-Hole-Mounting-Plate-414-Tall.aspx?ss öfa0e8d-b3a7-41e2-a771-191b86426ba7
Wheels would be my main consideration for major items. Don't make your work area inflexible by installing equipment and work benches that can not be moved. I only have one fixed bench, everything else is on wheels. If you have a project where you are cutting many parts on the table saw, you can arrange your work space such that you have a workbench close to the saw so you can pick up lay down without a lot of movement. If you need an extension of the table saw move the bench to be an out feed for the saw. If you are working on a large project and need a lot of floor space every thing but what you are working on moves to the side.
One thing I did not do was put the correct wheels on my benches. You would be surprised what a loaded workbench weighs. Over a couple of years the hard rubber one tend to get a flat spot which makes them hard to move. Go for cast iron or equivalent.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:03:27 -0500, knuttle wrote:

I put wheels under my workbench, but then jacked it up and rested it on a 4x4 (or maybe a 6x6) at each end. No weight on the wheels and the bench is steadier as well. Since I move the bench at most once a year that works out well. It might be a PITA if you move your bench frequently.

✖
Larry Blanchard wrote:

The solution to both is to build the caster assembly to pivot w/ a lever arm...

✖
Where does one get those semi-angled wheels that set down when you lift the other end of the workbench / table?
This would avoid flat tires, rolling problems and mechanisms to lower the wheels.
The solution to both is to build the caster assembly to pivot w/ a lever arm...
Larry Blanchard wrote:

✖
On 11/9/10 3:50 PM, Josepi wrote:

http://mikedrums.com/benchwheels.mpg
:-)
--

-MIKE-

✖

..when you get Gymmys IP off the logs do post it. Interested persons are triangulating.
        cHips
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/9/10 9:10 PM, cHips wrote:

I think you wooshed me... I have no clue what you're talking about.
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/9/2010 9:15 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I think this guy is to Josepi what Dennis is to Rob...
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 11/9/10 10:06 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Hmmm.... ok. But maybe if Dennis had his own Dennis. :-)
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/09/2010 11:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yeah, that's probably a more accurate assessment... Geez, every day I become more keenly aware of how precious little time we have to live our lives to the fullest. What a sad existence it must be to waste so much of it stalking other people on the internet.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 11/10/10 9:15 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

How true is that? I've made lots of internet friends who turned into "real" friends after meeting in person... including you. It only takes a couple words and a hand shake to figure out if they have a screw loose.
I bet you weren't so sure about me, when I went straight in for the bro-hug. :-)
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/10/2010 11:38 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Just based upon our internet conversations I was already 95% sure you didn't have any loose screws, but watching you prepare for the gig before I finally decided it was ok to "bother" you was the final proof. I didn't get that same air of professionalism from the other drummer I'd met earlier that evening. :-)

Nah; I thought nary a thing of it. I'm definitely a hand-shaker and not a hugger (unless you're a girl), but I can handle the occasional "bro-hug", as long as you don't get too carried away. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
✖
On 11/10/10 5:13 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Well thanks. (was that the opener?)

I wasn't sure how they handle things down in Texas. :-)
You don't know how tempted I was to do the Bill Murray, uncomfortably long, awkward hug from Groundhog Day.
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/10/2010 5:34 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

They were supposed to be, but something got screwed up and the Angels played first, which was just fine by me.

Yeah, I think that would fall under the category of "getting too carried away". :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
✖

On stalkers? Usually very accurate when "harassing" is included in the elements of the judgment. On living Life? Each has their own glass and thus their own story. It is what the individual believes of _their_ Life that is paramount, in making a judgment externally. Casual observation is not sufficient to know what a single individual is thinking.

snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com returns: 4,320 for author: snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com. Earliest record is 2003. snipped-for-privacy@swtacobell.net returns: 1,790 forauthor: snipped-for-privacy@swtacobell.net. Earliest record is 2005.
Is it understood it is you, the poster, who is _solely_ responsible for posted content of a post made, nobody else has input? Both of you have been around long enough to know better than the implied direction of your followups quoted.
No mail in the box, Mike.. is there a problem? I haven't a lot of time to spend with this.
--

cHips

Add pictures here
✖
On 11/10/10 6:30 PM, cHips wrote:

Oh wonderful, another fan. Look Gomer, I've never been to the rodeo, but this isn't my first go around with an internet weirdo. Maybe I have you wrong, but if I don't, keep in mind there are laws on the books for internet harassment, now.
I also have another internet and "real" friend (Steve knows him, too, in fact) who works for the US DoD as, essentially, an hacker's hacker. Whether you believe me or not isn't really a concern to me. I just suggest you keep that in mind when deciding where and how far you decide to take any little games you might think about playing.
--

-MIKE-

✖
On 11/10/10 8:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Well played Mike, most of these types are cowards hiding behind a keyboard. This one may froth a bit, but deep down he just has a hardon for Josephine the top poster.
--
Froz...

✖