Thanks to the Group - new General TS

I've been lurking and asking a few questions for the past 2 years...thanks to all for the great info, tips and techniques I've received. Using the knowledge of the group, I've built several things for the house, and purchased (quite) a few new tools, been inroduced to Lee Valley, etc.

Yesterday, after much research and looking throught the archives here, I ordered a my first "real" TS - a General 50-185. I originally ordered the 30" rip, but SWMBO told me to upgrade to the 52" rip. Was torn between the Jet SS and a "low end" cabinet saw, but this saw seems meets all of my requirements.

Now I can get rid of my 10 yr old Ryobi BT3000 - I discovered that I live about a mile from Tom Watson...maybe he wants it??? (grin).

Anyway, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas - can't wait to get it and make those built-ins for the family room - with straight cuts, no less.

Again, thanks to all for your your help and advice.

Ed

Reply to
EdM

Congrats! For the table saw and having a smart wife. I bought the same saw a couple of months ago and love it. FYI, I paid $679.00 for mine (52 inch model) and picked it up at the dealer. And, I hear ya, the Jet SS was calling my name, too. Absolutely no regrets on the Geheral purchase.

Regards,

Kevin B

Reply to
Kevin B