Thanks, Klingspor

I ordered a roll of hook & loop sandpaper from Klingspor the other day, but what was delivered was cloth-backed paper, not hook & loop. Sonya at Klingspor acknowledged they sent the wrong stuff, but what I had ordered wasn't right for my drum sander either. She is sending me the right stuff without charging me for the difference in price or shipping. Now the difference is only about $15, but for that $15 Klingspor just moved up to the top of my list for online purchases.
Larry
Yep, service is what gets you back... because there is a lack of it out there in many of these places. Some are great, and some are non-existent.
On 7/9/2012 4:58 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

what was delivered was cloth-backed paper, not hook & loop. Sonya at Klingspor acknowledged they sent the wrong stuff, but what I had ordered wasn't right for my drum sander either. She is sending me the right stuff without charging me for the difference in price or shipping. Now the difference is only about $15, but for that $15 Klingspor just moved up to the top of my list for online purchases.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:58:30 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"
what was delivered was cloth-backed paper, not hook & loop. Sonya at Klingspor acknowledged they sent the wrong stuff, but what I had ordered wasn't right for my drum sander either. She is sending me the right stuff without charging me for the difference in price or shipping. Now the difference is only about $15, but for that $15 Klingspor just moved up to the top of my list for online purchases.
Why, because they sent the wrong item, or because they did the right thing? <titter>
-- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 7/9/2012 3:58 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

For what they carry uniquely (basically the abrasives) they've always been at the top of mine from the time I first found 'em (which goes almost into the "wayback machine" mode)...
Other things they've expanded into aren't necessarily my first go-to but not because of Klingspor; it's just I think of other places first because of prior association. I tend to use same places over and over for years; rarely spend time trying to undercut somebody who has done me good previously (until they don't, of course :( )...