THanks , I got the woodburning kit and did mark my keepsake.

I found a woodburning kit with extra tips for 12.99 at Michaels ( a hobby store) and went downstairs and set up for my big experiment. I tried the tip it came with but it was very sharp and made nice cutting marks but I wanted a different more rounded , wider line.
Anyway, cooled it off and then changed the nib or tip and practiced on some paint sticks. I drew some level lines with a ruler and started marking my beautiful wooden keepsake box. It looked pretty darn good and now I will try it on other things . Very handy marking tool!
Thanks to all you who helped.
Robbielynn
*snip*

Careful guys, I think I see the beginnings of addiction here. ;-) No one tell her about lathes, and how much fun even a little one can be, and how it's almost instant gratification in turning wood in to art!
Uh... Oops!
Puckdropper

tool. It doesn't involve stucco does it?
Have fun with it Robbielynn, but don't breathe in too many fumes
Dave FL

GREAT!
Enjoy the addiction..lol
mac