Thanks for the advice.

I wanted to stop back and thank everyone who offered advice on which belt sander to buy, especially Lew and Mike. I bought the Porter Cable, model 352, 3 X 21 and I'm glad. I've used it on a few projects since and it works and handles like a champ. I was considering the PC model 362, 4 X 24, however I don't do large projects. Anyway thanks for the assistance, I really appreciate it. Randy
you will be most happy.....we use the heck out of these around the school here....a word of caution....after several jobs of heavy sanding take the black cover off and blow it out with air....it will stop dust build up and save you from replacing the belt!
Mike