Thanks, Dad pt.2

I first off want to say a big "Thank You" to everyone that has responded. I personally would like to extend my condolences to Leon as well. There was no hijacking and to which I will end there.

The reason for an extended absence of a response was the fact that my body did not take the stress well. I did not sleep at all Tuesday night and on Wednesday I had many errands to run as well as going to the funeral home that afternoon. All seemed fine until Wednesday night when not only my stress level was high but I also contracted the same stomach virus that my daughter had over the weekend and my wife had Sunday night and Monday. The violent nature of this coupled with the past 36 hours events sent my heart in to atrial fibulation. At 2 am on Thursday morning, I was in the emergency room and promptly admitted. The short story is, that I am OK but all I can say is that a cardiac catheterization will leave you pretty sore. Against my doctor's advice, I was let out in just enough time to make the calling hours tonight.

And to Leon, my grandmother suffered for many years with lung cancer. I know that there seemed to be some times that I would wish that her suffering would end. You will only have good memories of her and not memories of how she suffered painfully for an extended period of time.

Tonight I happened to see a long time competitor and friend of my dads. He was in shock but he told me that now he will be using a harness. This is why I posted what I did. If one person changes their thought on safety, it could be one life saved.

Thank you to everyone, Allen

Reply to
allen476

Well, you sure did good on that point. For those of us that work in "at risk" jobs, it is easy to think we are a few years younger than we are, or to take our safety for granted.

I was sad to hear that there have been more challenges heaped on you. It sounds pretty rough. I really hope things are calming down for you.

You're a class guy Allen. I hope you hang around - we need more like you around here.

All the best to you and yours -

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

allen476 wrote in news:f4c13d31-d712-4cb1-9778- snipped-for-privacy@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

To Robert's words, I am adding expressions of condolences once more, and also my utmost respect for you, Allen.

Please pay attention to what the doctors say and recommend for your atrial fibrillation. It is not something to neglect. And we want you around here! If they do prescribe warfarin for you, please do follow ALL the directions, especially the dietary ones.

Reply to
Han

Well I am glad to hear you are still with us, however I am certain that being with your dad would be a much better place.

For our sake and especially for my 86 year old father I am especially grateful that there was no suffering to speak of. I suspect that loosing her this way gave us a chance to reflect before she passed away. People her age can go suddenly for any reason.

Well you can feel satisfied that your mission was accomplished.

Reply to
Leon