Thank you Robatoy

Thank you for the information on the Rotex sander. I would have responded to my post but I don't see my post. I had to read Google to see your reply.

Reply to
Leon

You are welcome. BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S* But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.

Reply to
Robatoy

You are welcome. BTW, The Rotex on 'aggressive' with 100 grit Abranet moves a LOT of material very quickly. VERY quickly. Not for the squeemish *S* But switch it to 'sweet' and it is sweet.

In the aggressive setting, is that similar to attaching an arbor and disk to a drill, strictly circular? I am steering towards the Rotex but wonder if the plain round ROS would suffice. It will be replacing the old PC right angle ROS, the one that spins up to great speeds,;~) If you do not set it down on the wood. That ROS will remove stock faster than I want with 120 grit if I am not careful. I wonder if the ETS 125 or 150 would do the trick.

I should probably give them a test drive.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Leon

It still has a random pattern, but with a courser and larger orbit.

I had a couple of those PC's. I converted to 5 to a 6 (Including the counterweight) They gave me decent service till better equipment came out.

The new Rotex 150 FEQ is like owning a whole arsenal of sanders. With the 2 major settings, quick-change pads and variable speed... A superb tool. I have a bit of feel for what kind of tools you like, Leon... I'm reasonably sure you'll like that one.

If you can arrange that, it is always the best way to make a decision. It won't tell you much about longevity and comfort after a day's work.

Robatoy

The new Rotex 150 FEQ is like owning a whole arsenal of sanders. With the 2 major settings, quick-change pads and variable speed... A superb tool. I have a bit of feel for what kind of tools you like, Leon... I'm reasonably sure you'll like that one.

Ok, I hear you. It's probably a 99% chance of going the Rotex.

If you can arrange that, it is always the best way to make a decision. It won't tell you much about longevity and comfort after a day's work.

Thank you again for the expert openion.

Reply to
Leon

Hello Robatoy. I don't understand how these groups/lists/whatever work. I saw your name on Woodworking Online, tried to join to talk with you (or anyone else) regarding my almost new Inca shaper. After (I thought) I'd joineD Woodworking the site wouldn't let me log on even though KNOW I used the correct name & password. Anyway, if you, or someone of your acquaintance, is interested in an Inca shaper I have one with quite a few cutters. I have owned the Inca

3-wheel bandsaw, jointer/planer, and tablesaw. The bandsaw was fabulous (a bit tricky getting the blade into running position) and gave great cuts. The tablewsaw with rising/tilting table gave good cuts but WAS a hassle when working with anything but small pieces of stock. You can reach me at: snipped-for-privacy@ridgwayco.net. Take care. Felix
Reply to
fmarti