Thank you for teaching me

I have learned so very much from so very many of you. I look forward to seeing how the problems are solved, for I learn from it, and it makes me a better Woodworker.
I have only one problem though, with the forum. It seems that after the first 1000 answers to ONE of the postings, that everyone seems to drift off, way off, of the original subject, and goes into fighting with each other, nit picking. Therefor I have a tendency to totally ignore the next 5000 or so postings which has nothing to do with the original subject, skipping over them.
However I would not deny any of you the fun of snipping at each other, so by all means continue as you have been. It is just that I will Not read those kinds of postings.
On 2/2/2012 9:29 AM, godsword wrote:

The beauty of being homo sapiens, complete with opposing thumb and index finger ... you have the option to turn a volume knob and click on a Next button.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Then, life must have been pretty difficult for us before there were volume knobs and the TRex next door was roaring.

As an alternative, maybe walk into the shop and actually make something... I find that works pretty well too. ;~)
John

Human nature. If we stayed on topic, it would get pretty boring and people would abandon this newsgroup in droves.

As you should. The only thing that should be done and often is done, is to rename the topic when you think its focus has changed.
"Dave" wrote in message wrote:

Human nature. If we stayed on topic, it would get pretty boring and people would abandon this newsgroup in droves.
WOODWORKING!?! This is a WODWORKING newsgroup? I get all my political opinions here.
Dave in Houston
On 2/2/2012 11:21 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:

No kidding an none of have any other friends. :~)

Woodworkers are rejects from society that hide in a shop, away from other people, making cool things and ignoring their social anxieties. Then they go online and think they are safe from physical interaction and play superman as am attempt at recovery. You set a fine example of just his.
------------ "Dave" wrote in message
As you should. The only thing that should be done and often is done, is to rename the topic when you think its focus has changed.
On 2/2/2012 9:29 AM, godsword wrote:

Sounds like you have got do's and don'ts in this news group figured out. Glad to have you with us.

OK, we hear you.
Now, LET THE DRIFING BEGIN!
On 2/2/2012 6:05 PM, Larry W wrote:

Not too early yet? :~)
On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:24:53 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

How could you possibly consider a person who uses God's Word as his nick to be holier than thou? JFC. Some people's kids, I swear.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson