Textured siding and shiplap question

Hello all, When using textured wood siding (t-111), do you seal the overlaps with adhesive or caulk. I am going to stain the wood. Also, do you do the same for shiplap siding?? I am using shiplap to make a barn door.
Thank you for your time.
Don't seal it with anything. It is a vertical overlay and that will allow the water to run down and also allow for some give and take.

same
OK. sounds good. Here is a followup... would you seal the wood with a stain or preservative on the lap portion before putting them together?

Anne Watson wrote:

Same for shiplap. Install it starting with the bottom with each successive board overlapping the one beneath. No caulking needed. Prime and paint.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Jack wrote:

I didn't seal the overlap and haven't noticed any leakage.
But then I have trusses with a foot overhang and fly rafters with over a foot overhang.

Mark

N.E. Ohio

no and no.