Textured lacquer supplier needed

Looking for a source of black textured lacquer. Help.
Brian
I can show you how to make a great orange peel texture with regular lacquer! :)
david
Brian Cahill wrote:

Is this what you want? http://www.constantines.com/product.asp?0 $6&1$5&320
will
Brian Cahill wrote:

Will,
Thanks, but no it is not. I have been purchasing a high solids lacquer made by Gemini that sprays with a spatter texture. It is no longer available, unless I want 1,000 gallon min. order. I am looking for another supplier.
David,
I know how to get orange peel and if I could get an orange peel heavy enough with regular lacquer I would, it would cost less.
I am still looking.
Brian

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:51:38 -0700, "Brian Cahill"

Don't laugh, but did you ever try applying it with a roller?
I do this all the time with enamels and latex on metal doors. The finished product looks terrific.
You could try it with a brushable lacquer. In fact, I'm going to try it myself when I come back from vacation. <G>
Barry
Barry,
I would not laugh, thanks for the suggestion. Due to the shape of the part a roller will not work. I paint multiple parts at a time. I manufacture a pullout swivel mechanism for large televisions and have been using textured paint for years. I have tried unthinned black lacquer with the same gun setting and the material flows out too much after contact to produce the desired effect. Thanks again for the idea.
--
Brian Cahill
President