Testing new products here?

Should I offer a new product for test?
We have a new product that might be of interest to woodworkers. It works in our tests and it works in the tests we have run in outside shops. What I would like to do is give away five samples in exchange for reviews. I would give away a sample worth a few dollars to the first 5 people who agree to test it and write a review.
When I have done this with other products in the past there have been some folks on some forums who have been offended because they have seen it as a thinly disguised ad. Others believe that I really want honest opinions from real woodworkers before I spend a lot of money advertising the product.
If too many members find this offensive I won't do it. If the moderator deosn't like the idea they can email me and tell me so.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com (in snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com) said:
| Should I offer a new product for test? | | We have a new product that might be of interest to woodworkers. It | works in our tests and it works in the tests we have run in outside | shops. What I would like to do is give away five samples in | exchange for reviews. I would give away a sample worth a few | dollars to the first 5 people who agree to test it and write a | review. | | When I have done this with other products in the past there have | been some folks on some forums who have been offended because they | have seen it as a thinly disguised ad. Others believe that I | really want honest opinions from real woodworkers before I spend a | lot of money advertising the product. | | If too many members find this offensive I won't do it. If the | moderator deosn't like the idea they can email me and tell me so.
I don't mind. If it's something I can help with I'd be happy to give it a whirl - but you'll make it a lot easier for people to give you a fair assessment if you tell what it is you're wanting to have tested and reviewed...

JOAT is the moderator and if he doesn't mind, I certainly don't ... fire away, but be sure to pay your cabal dues first.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

There is no cabal.
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:02:48 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

BTW, you have snacks for next meeting.
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 19:07:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita

My invite arrived yesterday, but I'm still expecting the decoder ring key so I can discern the location.
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:17:30 GMT, Ba r r y

Disregard my last message, please.
That was supposed to go in private email.
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:17:30 GMT, Ba r r y

Key's in the mail. Wait for it. ;-)

Only way to know for sure is to email him and ask. That's what I'd do.
wrote in message

Would you forward the message to him? :~)
Swingman wrote:

Geez...*now* you tell me. Apologies, etc...
JP
On 4 Mar 2006 08:55:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com wrote:

Depends. Are they condoms?
.

You want to test Depends?
snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com wrote:

Moderator? hell, we don't have no stinkin' MODERATOR!
If your offer is legit, I'd be offended at someone who would be offended at your offer. :)
Dave
On 3/4/2006 1:20 PM David mumbled something about the following:

She offered her honor, He honored her offer, and all night long he was on her and off her.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

I'll give it a try if you tell me what it is first. I would not want to waste yours or my time.
There is no moderator. This has been done here before with no objections as long as it is a product that people here would use. Kind of need to know something about it first though.

On 4 Mar 2006 08:55:21 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com quickly quoth:

Most of the Wreckers are pretty good about discerning spam from honest requests like yours. Post away!

"Some folks" have their heads in the wrong places. C'est la guerre.

As with rec.metalheads, there is no moderator here. I'd be happy to test a new tool for you, Tom.
P.S: I collect the Cabal dues, too. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------- The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts
rec.woodworking is unmoderated.
I expect your offer will be well-received.
snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@carbideprocessors.com wrote:

Your offer didn't _sound_ like the leadin to spam. It actually sounded genuine.
However, no one ever knows til they know on the Net.
As others have said, I'd be happy to find out more information about your product, and if it's something I use, I'd also be happy to use it, abuse it, and write a review on it. I can probably write better than I can ruin expensive pieces of wood, so there's a balance there somewhere.
And if it's something I never use, or won't use much I'll tell you that as well, so we don't screw each other around.
Tanus