Test your gluing knoweldge.

Page 2 of 2

LOL, I recall in the umm very late 60's when we mixed Weld Wood glue in shop class to glue up panels, the pipe clamps would bow under the pressure when clamping. You absolutely used a scrap piece of wood between the clamp face and the work to prevent indentation. I still have some of those pieces and they are holding up just fine.
Leon wrote:

For PVA glues I'd agree with you. For epoxy I wouldn't, you can definately overclamp and squeeze enough glue out of the joint to get a failure. The same is probably true for other glues which have some gap-filling ability (e.g. poly glues).
John
John McCoy wrote:

I've noticed w/ Type III it's easier to end up w/ a dry joint than w/ Type I or II...not from normal panel-type glue up from just clamping pressure so much, but in the "stick on a piece" scenario like a glue block--seems easier to "mush it out" and end up w/ not enough in the right places to me...

In all fairness to myself, (as I have NO reason EVER to have to be fair to somebody else<G>) if you include 16 and 18, I actually scored 22 out of 28. That doesn't take away the fact that I will be spending the rest of the day removing arrows and bullets, BB's and rubber bands, one spitball, from under my skin as so many of you like shooting the messenger...<G>
I noticed Larry Jaques using the 'EH?' expression. Either he's Canadian, or he is an imposter with a counterfeit 'EH' license. I do need to get to the bottom of this.

IIRC Larry is a Kaliefounian.

Larry is an escaped Kaliefounian, hiding out in the wilds of southern Oregon. So there are signs of intelligence there.
Patriarch
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:08:18 -0500, Patriarch

Where? Kaliefounia or Oregon?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:57:09 GMT, the opaque "Leon"

Ex-pat Californicator to you, bubba. Now that I'm in SoOregon, I'm a budding Webfoot.
------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design =====================================================
Wow, 17 out of 28. Looks like I won't be putting any kind of 'certification' on my resume :)
Does it mean you are considered really 'slick' if you flunk an adhesion test?

It's one thing to claim certification, but another to make it stick.
(sorry.. that was tacky)
Then use a few brads to hold it until the glue dries.
Dave
Robatoy wrote:

23 of 28, but really disagreed with 3 questions at a minimum, a couple of others, stated as absolutes didn't seem right either.
That was the most painful interface for a test I've seen for a while: click the answer, have to click "back" to get back to the test, then scroll down to the next question (assuming you remembered which one you had just answered). The latter was at least true with Mozilla.