test.

Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.
--
Jeff

Hello from Northern Calif. john
"woodchucker" wrote in message
Don't know if it's that quiet here, or I am not receiving posts for 2 days.
--
Jeff

I've been out in the shop. I have been working on getting my grandpa's old block plane into easy-to-use shape. It takes a while to get a new-to-me iron sharp with the Worksharp. I've been debating adding a 220 grit step before going to the 400, as it feels like I'm still doing quite a bit of rough material removal after the 120 step is done.
I spotted another wooden plane that was waiting for me to gain some experience. After installing the iron and setting it, I took some test cuts on the edge then flipped the board to do some test cuts across the face. First thing I did: Hit a staple. Serves me right for leaving them in the test board.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

"woodchucker" wrote in message

Quiet on the woodworking front... I've been messing around with my latest bicycle acquisition. A 1963 Schwinn Racer 3 speed. A complete overhaul of crank, headset and front wheel bearings, lube the rear hub and clean and adjust, true the wheels, polish the chrome and clean 53 years of dirt off it. Rode it about 25 miles over the course of two rides and love it! Nice simple bike that doesn't require me to suit up with cleated shoes, riding shorts, riding gloves, etc. Just plain fun!
John
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 8:04:47 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

s.

Late evenings, I've been working on the walnut trestle table top. Last ni ght and tonight was drilling/chiseling mortises for loose tenons, to mate t he boards. Another week or two(?) to get everything just right, then hope there's no rain in the forecast for spraying. I spray outdoors.
I finished the gun cabinet, but haven't been back to the camp to assemble i t and take pics. I might go Wednesday to do that, and I have a cache of s crap lumber, for camp fires, to deliver.
Next camp project will be a coat rack. Should be an easy/easier project, than the others. Bought 18 replica-antique cast iron fleur de lis hooks. They look nice and they're larger than a typical hook. Jonas's 7 yr old should have a good time installing them. We'll coach his measuring and d rilling pilot holes, for the screws. He likes to be involved.
Sonny
woodchucker wrote:

I've been busy teaching Betsy to turn bowls. Since she is only 10 inches high, I thought a high stool and a set of small tools that she can hold in her teeth. Anyone know a source for a canine face shield size X-small? Don't say Harbor Fright. They didn't even take the question seriously.
--
GW Ross

Feudalism: When its your Count that votes!
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 7:33:14 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:

Ah, the truest example of a bench dog!
Some face shield options...
http://www.bigddoghouse.com/images/1926J_DOG_GREEN.jpg
http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/img_7233.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/dd/4d/f7/dd4df7e8eeae5a870e5be8f70e8c80a9.jpg
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just what she needs. She is learning pretty fast. I have already seen some of her work in local craft sales. Well, she didn't sign it, but it looks like her work. My theory is that she is sneaking into the shop at night and practicing her turning. Since she can't reach the light switch she is turning in the dark! She is probably trading the bowls to someone in exchange for Puperoni snacks and they are selling the bowls. That would account for the bowls not being up to her usual standards, and also why she is tending to chubbiness. Perhaps we should have named her Monica after all, even though she doesn't have a blue dress.
--
GW Ross

Feudalism: When its your Count that votes!
On 6/29/2015 8:04 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Been busy poking holes in other people's water pipes to post much the past few months. :(
So, decided to hell with it, left Houston at 3:15 AM, just woke up from a nap after after a 7 hour drive to Hot Springs, AR; and heading down to the lake.
Lake is looking good, life likewise, and going fishing shortly.
All quiet, temporarily, on the woodworking front...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

*snip*
So you're the guy... I don't mind poking the holes in the water pipe so much, but did you have to store all the water in the cloud? You're over the limit, buddy, and it's been leaking everywhere!
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.