Tenons to Spindles

I am attaching chair arms to spindle back supports with mortise and tenon joints. Is there an easy way to make the end of the square arm part concave to match the curve of the back spindle since there is a tenon in the middle of it?
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
repost in plain text please?
T.
Cope, cut and dowel, probably. Otherwise, the hard way - trot out the carving tools, scribe, cut, trim.
That said, we're all pretty used to seeing such a connection uncoped, why not go that way?