Tenoning Jig

I'm looking at heavy duty tenoning jigs, and it appears that they don't have a way to make the cheek cuts, just shoulder cuts. Or am I just not finding the ones that make boths cuts?

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

Think you're using the wrong words. The shoulders are normally cut with the piece horizontal. They're the ones that cross the grain and go 'round the tenon. Cheeks are the ones cut while held vertically in the jig, in a ripping direction.

Reply to
George

Yes, wrong terminology. Sorry about that.

S.

Reply to
samson

Cruising back through, and see a reply already. The standard "jig" for shoulders is, of course the miter gage and cutoff block. If you're particularly queasy or cutting at weird angles for exceptional precision, you can use the shaper jigs designed for end grain copes and such, like this.

't checked mine against my "new" left tilt groove, but it works great on the shaper.

Reply to
George