Tenon Jig for Jet Supersaw

I have the tenon jig mdl # 708111 a nice tenon jig but the plate is to short for the supersaw. Has anyone solved the tenon jig problem.

Mikie :-)

Reply to
frichett

I don't have the jig but am curious since I have a Supersaw. I looked up the parts list on the jig and I could not tell what you meant by "the plate". Are you referring to the part called the base (#23) or the slide (#13)?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Jet sells the 708111SSK jig for the supersaw. You might call Jet and ask what the part difference is.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

There's an "adaptor" plate you can get from Jet. Call their Technical Support line. One some tenoning jig boxes, I've seen the adaptor plate box glued directly to the jig box.

Reply to
mttt

Bob,

Misplaced my owners manual, not surprising. What the problem is that the slide on the base does not go far enough to the right to make the tenon jig usable. I have the slide as far as possible but the jig is still over an inch from the saw blade. Hope this isn't to confusing. The fix would be an adapter plate of sorts that would allow the slide to be moved further to the right.

Mikie :-)

Reply to
frichett

Bob thanks for the part info.

Called Jet this morning. The plate adapter is part number 708111SS. Cost is $32.00 plus shipping. According to Jet tech support they do not make a dado insert of zero insert for the super saw at this time but are working on them.

Mikie :-)

Reply to
frichett

They're telling you they don't make a Zero Clearance insert, or don't make a dado insert? If the later, then I'm puzzled since I've had one for over 6 months now...

Reply to
mttt

Yep that is what Tech Support stated. Neither insert were available at this time.

Mikie :-)

Reply to
frichett

Tech support stated that they did not make either one at this time. Strange as I have heard that there was a zero clearnace insert available..

Mikie :-)

Reply to
frichett

Tech support needs to look in their 2004 Woodworking catalogue on page 18. "zero-clearance insert for supersaw, #708791"

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Have 'em call me at home. I'll email them a picture of the "non-existent" dado insert. It's the same color and same finger-hole layout as the one that shipped with the saw. Obviously the slot is larger for a dado stack.

Maybe Tech Support is "half-right" and they've suspended production or something. Got mine from Southern Tools many months ago.

Again - the zero-clearance ones for this saw are especially easy, IMHO.

Reply to
mttt

Bob - have you run anything thicker that 4/4 stock thru your saw yet? A year and a half later and the toughest stuff mine's seen is 4/4 paduk/oak/maple/walnut.

On the blade front - I'm still too dumb to learn the rule "5 cheap saw blades cost as much as a good one and will never cut as good". I've been running the Oldham retail Signature combo blade in mine, with an occasional DeWalt blade from time to time.

Wondering if anyone's tried feeding 8/4 or better (12/4) into this saw and how it performed?

Reply to
mttt

Reply to
Bob Davis

sorry did not finish. I am typing one handed after some hand surgery.

I meant to say I will invest future saw dollars in a heavy bandsaw.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

We have an excellent sharpening service in my area. $16 and the blade is better than new.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

Thanks for the data. I'm hoping to do some tables soon, so I'm planning on running some 8/4 hardwood thru it to do the legs. A std kerf WWII is on my to-do list, but the $40 Oldham signature blades have been fine for me, not great, but fine. Having a 6" jointer took the pressure off as I simply clean up the edges before glue on on that.

$2K on a bandsaw will net you a very nice bandsaw, I'll bet! :) I'm satisfied with my 14" Jet.

I imagine I might outgrow the SuperSaw someday, but like you I expect that to be years away. I'm hopeful the saw lasts that long.

Reply to
mttt