Tennoning Jigs recomendations

Page 2 of 2

So, Phil, the FMT IS a superb piece of gear. The SHOW SPECIAL, with some of the templates, and HSS, not carbide, router bits, one week ago, was US$885, delivered. Over US$1000 with carbide and all of the templates.
For me, I'd have to part with another US$250 for a more sophisticated plunge router.
I decided to look for another means of cutting accurate M&T joints. Or wait for the checkbook to heal a bit more. BTW, I already own the Delta tenoning jig, and it works well.
Is the FMT more reasonable in your corner of the world?
Patriarch

No, it is an expensive piece of equipment. I do a fair amount of production work (should have mentioned it in the previous post - would have put it in a better perspective) and the time saving is enormous and justifies the cost. I agree that for a weekend woodworker it is overkill. It is a great piece of engineering. Do not regret buying it as it has saved me a lot of time. Get the setup right (one or two tests) and all the joints are perfect, no tweaking.
--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
(Amazon.com product link shortened)99491714/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3_etk-tools/002-3184584-5086427?v=glance&s=hi&n"8013

C'mon guys, we're woodworkers. Make one :-).

says...

IMO, a reasonably-inexpensive purchased cast iron jig works a lot better (at least for me) than a homemade one (I have both).
todd
I bought the Rockler jig when it was on sale about a year or year and a half ago. Heavy, solid and fits in the slots of my saw (Craftsman contractor) well. However, when I took it out of the box it was apparently set up for the slot on the right side of the blade (right tilt saw?), or maybe just a different spacing for the slot. The base would hit the blade unless the jig was adjusted almost all the way to it's extreme settings so I had to change it over. The body of the jig was already machined so that was easy enough. The only problem now is that the adjustment scale doesn't move so it is basically useless (the scale, that is). But other than, that the jig works well.
FWIW, the salesman said that he had the Delta jig and except for the color he couldn't tell the difference.
Wayne