templates

Hi All, can anybody tell me where I can get hold of router templates? i.e. flowers, hearts, animals etc. thanks, Eddie.
Eddie (in 44f1c821$0$721$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl) said:
| Hi All, can anybody tell me where I can get hold of router | templates? i.e. flowers, hearts, animals etc.
Check Lee Valley www.leevalley.com, Woodcraft Supply www.woodcraft.com, Rockler www.rockler.com, and MLCS www.mlcswoodworking.com.
If you can't find what you're looking for, send me a sketch and some dimensions - and I'll send you a price.

I make my own usually out of hardboard. Unfortunately I don't have a scroll saw (yet) so I use a jigsaw with a small blade. I have the templates hanging all over my shop walls.
Eddie wrote:

One way, is to create a drawing, either by tracing a print-out or download. If you want a big one, go to a local blue-print shop and have a blow up made. Glue the result onto 1/2" MDF with spray contact adhesive. Cut out your desired path. Voila!
*Cut out your desired path*..wtf?? Is this some kinda Zen thing? A Buddhist thing? Buddhist to hotdog vendor: "Make me one with everything."
But I digress.
Sun, Aug 27, 2006, 10:13am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth instructeth: One way, is to create a drawing, either by tracing a print-out or download. If you want a big one, go to a local blue-print shop and have a blow up made. Glue the result onto 1/2" MDF with spray contact adhesive. Cut <snip>
Some I draws, some I prints. It's 20+ miles to a place I could get a biggun printed, so I draw big, or just zoom up on a Xerox machine, trim, and glue down - works for me. Or, could make, or buy, a pantograph - I've got a beeyootiful English one out of boxwood, but never use it. I use thinned Titebond II for gluing, usually on 1/2" plywood - ometimes modify them later and plywood works well for that. Myself, I never buy templates, I've never seen a design yet I'd be happy with, so I make my own - wreck one, make a replacement, quick, easy, inexpensively - try that with a store-bought one. Plus, excepting time involved, mine cost maybe $2 (U.S.) mex (almost 48" tall), from new plywood, and depending on size. Most of 'em are probably in the $.25-$.50 range, my chess pieces pennies each.
JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.
"Robatoy" wrote:

and here I thought it was "I digest".
Mon, Aug 28, 2006, 11:23am (EDT+4) Sawdust snipped-for-privacy@thereisnocabel.triad.rr.com (RickM) doth sayeth: and here I thought it was "I digest".
Maybe "degrade".
JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.
I forgot to mention I am in Holland. they are a bit backward here concerning woodworking except for making clogs!

Sun, Aug 27, 2006, 7:45pm (EDT+6) snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.nl (Eddie) doth divulgeth: I forgot to mention I am in Holland. they are a bit backward here concerning woodworking except for making clogs!
No prob. There are even people on here from California. They are often a bit backward period.
JOAT Justice was invented by the innocent. Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.
A bit OT, but what do you mean,"a bit backwards here concerning woodworking"? (I'm in Texas).

Eddie wrote:

Eddie...dat was niet lief van jou omdat te zeggen. (Eddie, that wasn't a loving thing to say) I have seen spectacular woodwork done in Holland. Unless you don't count boats and windmills. Clogs are mostly CNC'd these days....for the tourists.
Eddie wrote:

In routing jigs and accessories http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/catindex /
Although you only need to draw an outline on thin ply and cut them out with a needle router bit.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite