Telephone poles

Might not be the place to ask, but I'll ask anyway.
I want to make a watchtower out of telephone poles at my cabin. I have always liked heights, and this would be good for sky watching, getting a good view, or sharing a bottle of bubbly with Trixie.
I believe I can get some poles that are used, but in good condition. I believe that four would make a very strong support for a platform that would probably have a limit of four people at any one time.
Anyone else done any work with telephone poles of this type? Seems Tinker Toy simple, disregarding the rigging aspect. (I am a retired crane operator and rigger.) It would be doable, just tricky.
Leaving in a few minutes for a week at the cabin. Post here, and I'll answer in a week.
Steve
Hey....I wanna have bubbly with Trixie too. :-)
cm

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:37:12 -0700, "Steve B"
Do they need to be hollowed out?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Uhh, what was the question?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Not to be critical, but this is a woodworking forum, not a construction forum. I might suggest you post this over at alt.building.construction

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 03:24:07 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

Unless he wants to have a real stylish tower, then maybe alt.crafts.woodturning... *g*
Mac

Now that would be something!