Teflon tape

Can anyone advise as to a source of self-stick teflon tape? I would like to put some on the face of the rip fences on my table saw and band saw. Thanks.

Not teflon specifically, but many woodworking suppliers have HDPE or UHMW (low-friction) tape. I know I've seen it at Lee Valley, Woodcraft, Hartville tool, and others. They also sell thicker sheets or strips of the stuff that can be used to make a sacrificial fence, drawer slides, etc. Good luck, Andy
Sun, May 13, 2007, 5:37pm snipped-for-privacy@csonline.net (RichardDillman) doth mumble: Can anyone advise as to a source of self-stick teflon tape? I would like to put some on the face of the rip fences on my table saw and band saw.
I don't guess it ever occurred to you to ask at your local hardware store, eh? If you're willing to travel, I've seen it in the local drugstore, the local Wally World, Lowes, the local auto parts stores, I think even the local grocery store. If you're really hard up I'm sure they even carry it at Home Depot. And don't come back and say that's not the type you want, because ou didn't specify.

Em, he asked for SITCKY tape, not plumbers tape (which has NO glue)
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Mon, May 14, 2007, 5:41am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@callsign.net (RalphELindberg) doth sayet: Em, he asked for SITCKY tape, not plumbers tape (which has NO glue)
Then I dont know what I've got,,because it sticks.

To the fence of a table saw?
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Richard Dillman wrote:

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/10871
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

http://www.mcmaster.com/ Search for Low Friction Tape. These guys have everything :)

You also might want to try spraying on some TopCote http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 72&filter=topcote to get a nice slick silicon free fence.

Paste wax won't work? Wax films are almost immeasurably thin. You won't have to recalibrate your fence cursors.
> Can anyone advise as to a source of self-stick teflon tape? I would like to > put some on the face of the rip fences on my table saw and band saw.
By it's very nature, teflon doesn't stick to things.
Why not get a strip of 1/2" thick, UHMWPE, cut it to the size of the fence, then bolt it on to the fence with S/S, 1/4-20, flat head bolts and wing nuts.
SFWIW, My local top shop has their 12" table saw set up this way.
Lew