teeny tiny gloat

Picked up a PC340 quarter sheet orbital sander at our local Guild meeting for five bucks. I knew when I bought it that it needed a pad (totally missing). But hey, the replacement pad is only 6 bucks or so on Amazon. When I got the sander home and plugged it in, it wouldn't turn over at all. Crap. Why didn't I do that at the Guild before buying it? Since I was into it already for five bucks, I took the sander apart and discovered a frozen bearing on the lower end of the motor. Removal of the bearing, then plugging in the motor confirmed no other problems. I ordered a bearing (aren't those downloadable parts schematics great on many of the manufacturers sites?) along with a pad. $18 total. Parts came in yesterday. Slapped it all back together today and it works great. Total investment $23 and an hour of time. A new 340 is $49 at the borg. Maybe a teeny tiny gloat.
Bob
I will give you a gloat. I find it fun to repair those tools and bring them back to life. Many times they are even better than new.
The gloating isn't in the price. Its the journey and the fact that you've got inside knowledge of the 'chine. OK, its also in the price.
A'yup, it don't get no better.
UA100, who has taken apart more than one machine switch (after being told by the seller, "It Don't Work!") only to find it only wanted some attention before It Would Work...