Tech.question:

Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps somewhat. My question , is there a better way?

Sal

Reply to
sal

Absolutely! what is your budget?

Reply to
Leon

"sal" wrote in news:FjsBr.3395$l snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad:

Let's start by taking a look at the hardware on your saw. Are all the nuts and bolts tight? Is the blade flat and true? Check the arbor. Grab it and try to move it up and down. How much does it move?

Direct Drive or belt? If belt driven, is the tension adjusted properly? Are the pulleys in line?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I would nix the hanging circular saw. Hold the saw and use a straight edge to guide the saw.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
tiredofspam

Hi Puckdropper the saw is the Ridgid R4510 direct drive I shall check nuts and bolts arbor and remove blade to check for (flatness) if that is a word.

Reply to
sal

And how old and ratty is the belt??? I've seen some really NASTY table saws transformed into pretty decent saws by simply replacing the 30 year old excuse for a belt.

Reply to
clare

Who said anything about a hanging circular saw?????

Reply to
clare

Nobody, it's just Leon being Leon of reacting instead of reading first.

--

Reply to
dpb

Check for missing teeth, too.

Flatness could be called runout or warpage.

-- Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of which they know nothing.

--Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire, about 250 years ago

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"sal" wrote in news:CXuBr.8995$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe03.iad:

Best check the base too. There's quite a few moving parts there, and they could have loosened up over time.

Do you have the manual? Ridgid manuals are really good about explaining the normal adjustments a tool may need.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

One more suggestion. If you need weight/inertia, think sandbag instead of concrete. If it ever comes loose and lands on your toe you will know one reason why.

Reply to
G.W. Ross