Tech.question:

Sorry to bug you Guys again so soon.I have a ridged contractors saw on a folding roll away table it has some vibration which I know affects accuracy I hang a small concrete sidewalk pad under it weight 40lbs it helps somewhat. My question , is there a better way?
Sal
On 6/11/2012 3:13 PM, sal wrote:

Absolutely! what is your budget?
Hi Leon my budget is very tight got a daughter going over to Amsterdam university that I have to bankroll,I know its an excuse but times are tight.
Sal

On 6/11/2012 3:59 PM, sal wrote:

I would nix the hanging circular saw. Hold the saw and use a straight edge to guide the saw.

On 6/11/2012 6:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Nobody, it's just Leon being Leon of reacting instead of reading first.
Put on a link belt... Then let us know if you still have vibration.
On 6/11/2012 4:45 PM, Leon wrote:

Let's start by taking a look at the hardware on your saw. Are all the nuts and bolts tight? Is the blade flat and true? Check the arbor. Grab it and try to move it up and down. How much does it move?
Direct Drive or belt? If belt driven, is the tension adjusted properly? Are the pulleys in line?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 11 Jun 2012 21:02:21 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

saws transformed into pretty decent saws by simply replacing the 30 year old excuse for a belt.
Hi Puckdropper the saw is the Ridgid R4510 direct drive I shall check nuts and bolts arbor and remove blade to check for (flatness) if that is a word.
Sal

Check for missing teeth, too.
Flatness could be called runout or warpage.
-- Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of which they know nothing. --Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire, about 250 years ago

Best check the base too. There's quite a few moving parts there, and they could have loosened up over time.
Do you have the manual? Ridgid manuals are really good about explaining the normal adjustments a tool may need.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

sal wrote:

instead of concrete. If it ever comes loose and lands on your toe you will know one reason why.
--
G.W. Ross

If money could talk, it would say goodbye.