Teak Wood Moisture Standards

Hi all, was wondering if someone could help explain something to me.
I am in the need to do some quality control on teak wood furnitures that are shipped out of my company. ie. check the moisture levels before shipping to make sure that the wood is not too dry and will not crack.
I bought a moisture reading Meter from Lignomat (www.lignomat.com) and started to read the manual.
1. It tells me that the reading is given in % based on a 70F (20C). So I took my first reading and got a 7.8% from my teak wood piece. So 7.8% x 20C gives me about 1.6C. Is this correct?
2. Where can I get a chart showing adequate or acceptable levels for teak wood temperatures? Because I do not know if 1.6C is an acceptable wood temperature or not?
Thank you all for the help.
Christian
"maverick" wrote in message
1. It tells me that the reading is given in % based on a 70F (20C). So I took my first reading and got a 7.8% from my teak wood piece. So 7.8% x 20C gives me about 1.6C. Is this correct?
No.
2. Where can I get a chart showing adequate or acceptable levels for teak wood temperatures? Because I do not know if 1.6C is an acceptable wood temperature or not?
RTFM.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06
maverick wrote:

I gather English is not your first language and you are having difficulty understanding the manual.
After reading what you have to say about the manual, I think it says that the meter will be accurate at a temperature of 70 F (20C). If the temperature of the wood is different when you use the meter it may not be accurate.
--
FF
maverick wrote:

-I gather English is not your first language and you are having -difficulty understanding the manual. ----------- I think his English is just fine. The problem is with his sense of humor.
"Toller" wrote in message

He should be advised that the cabal advice rate is $100/hr @ 72F.
It's now 90F here, so he now owes the Cabal $100 x (90 - 72) = $1800.
Please remit ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06
maverick wrote:

No. Multiplying your moisture reading by the base temperature gives you nothing of any value. ____________

Seems to me that what you need is a table that will adjust the reading you get (regardless of wood specie) for the ambient temperature; that is, adjust it from current temperature to the 70F norm. You don't need a table for teak specifically.
--

dadiOH
dadiOH wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. The species may also be a factor in the proper calibration of the measurement.
He also needs to know how dry the teak _should_ be before shipping.
--

FF

Well, although the smart @ss comments weren't neccessary, they were nevertheless funny :)
Please understand that I've never had to deal with anything like this before.
Thank you all for your help!