teak staines

Hi, I set a hot plate down on my teak dining room table and it caused a white stain to appear.Does anyone know how to remove this stain. Thanks in advance for your help.
Doug
It;s a common problem with a lacquer finish. Moisture driven by the heat infiltrates the finish causing what is called blush..
Do it yourself remedy is to spread some peanut butter or petroleum jelly on the blush and let it sit for a few days. Otherwise Lowes, Home Depot, or maybe your local hardware store should have some blush remover. Probably Formsby.
Never tried it but I'm told alcohol rubbed lightly over the surface will do the trick also.
Good luck.
-- Mike G. snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net Heirloom Woods www.heirloom-woods.net

advance
forth from the murky depths:

Try denatured alcohol on it to remove some of the moisture, then reoil the table. If that doesn't work, mayonnaise will sometimes work (the oil displacing the moisture.
It all depends upon what finish is on it, the temperatures involved, etc. You might expect to completely refinish the top as it is often necessary in order to get a flawless finish restored to it.
----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended. ----------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Inoffensive Web Design