Teak buffet (credenza?) and hutch question

I have this beautiful teak buffet/credenza (I don't know the difference) and hutch (display case) that was given to me by my parents many years ago. It's really nice and I was hoping to sell it. Is there anyone here that would be kind enough to let me know what it's worth? I'll be taking a photo shortly, but it resembles this... (with a hutch on top that isn't attached)

just don't want to lose to much money or ask for too much... Obviously the one on ebay is authentic and probably worth more. I don't know anything about furniture styles, etc. :) Thanks... Any help would be appreciated. Just get back to me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com and I will send you an actual pic because I have to borrow somebody's digicam. Jessica

> I just don't want to lose to much money or ask for too much...

Sorry for a flippant answer

The reality is that no one here can tell you and that something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

The second part of that is really true. People say I have this or that item and its worth X. Ask them how they know that. Its worth ZERO if somone isn't willing to pay for it.

Reply to
No

I'm just trying to settle on an asking price

Reply to
Jessica

Eh?

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

God damnit. I don't want to ask $100 if it's worth $1000. Get it?

Reply to
Jessica

Tried pricing something similar at a store or online?

Reply to
dadiOH

Yup.

Good luck.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Whats it worth for you to not have the piece any more? E-bay is a pretty pure market in many regards. People will pay only what they are willing to pay, etc. if I remember the one on e-bay sold for about a grand. List yours for a grand starting price and no reserve or set 1K as reserve starting price $1. Make up a nice ad for e-bay, set your reserve at what price you are willing to part with it at. Good luck

Reply to
No