Tatry RAS

Hello,
As per my previous post, I have a Tatry RAS. I managed to get it for free(it was being tossed out.) I have this at home and realized it has a 3 phase motor.
Of course 3 phase wont work at home.
I have called around to local woodworking and motor repair shops and no one seems to able to help.
What are my options???
Sorry about the double post. My original post wasnt showing up for some reason.
Av8fan66 asks:

free(it was being tossed out.) I have this at home and realized it has a 3 phase motor.
Of course 3 phase wont work at home.
I have called around to local woodworking and motor repair shops and no one seems to able to help.
What are my options?<<
Phase convertor. It is absolutely unlikely you'll find a replacement motor.
Charlie Self wrote:

Having failed in finding someone to rewind it locally...
In your previous posting a couple links to sites showing ways to build your own static converter were given iirc.
W/ a static, you'll lose probably 1/3 of the rated power, but w/ the size it is, that unlikely to be an major issue. It will take a pretty sizable power feed, however.
A rotary will probably be $300 or so commercially. There are several manufacturers, Ronk is one name that comes to mind. A google will find many and you might possibly have some joy on eBay...
Options are pretty simple, replace the motor with a single phase one OR go with a rotary phase converter to give you 3phase to run the beast
John
On 9 Mar 2005 07:34:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (Av8fan66) wrote:

Thank you all for the responses.
I called around localy for a rotary converter, and the prices were, well, well beyond my means.
I did speak with one machine/woodworking supply that says that they can supply a good single phase motor that should do just about anything I nedd for approx $100.00 Cdn. I dont know if thats expensive or not.
then I will have to enlist the help of someone that works in metal in order to make the motor fit the cradle. I dont think the duct tape will cut it in this case(j/K)
Av8fan66 wrote:

For a single machine, a properly sized stationary converter is also a possibility and will be cheaper--how much, I'm not sure. As previously noted, w/ 4+ hp to start w/, losing even a third will be more than you're likely to ever need in a home shop...
Check out: http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/phase-converter/phase-converter.html
Static converters are far less costly, though not as versatile.